Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default got screwed buying accessories for my AR

I just received my order from CTD which included a leapers swat force red dot and a NC star Carry handle rail mount. The red dot is a freaking disaster, its not a dot as its resembles a paint ball splatter. there is now way you can be consistent with this thing. now, for the rail......... very disappointing. It does not sit correctly in the carry handle there is a paper clip worth of space on both sides and the bottom is to round to fit into the beveled slot, it really tilts with very little effort and it has the same exact issues with my buddies A2 upper. I am very disappointed and seriously feel like i was robbed.

do you guys think i could return these items to cheaper than dirt based solely on my disappointment and not because of broken merchandise or problems of the like?

Default Re: got screwed buying accessories for my AR

First, you can't expect high quality and old-world craftsmanship if you buy the cheapest possible product sold anywhere in the free world. Especially when it's made by barefoot Chinese peasants who live on 400 calories per day.

That being said, if the product is unsuitable for the purpose advertised, I'd send it back, but it will cost you at least the return shipping.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    First, you can't expect high quality and old-world craftsmanship if you buy the cheapest possible product sold anywhere in the free world. Especially when it's made by barefoot Chinese peasants who live on 400 calories per day.

That being said, if the product is unsuitable for the purpose advertised, I'd send it back, but it will cost you at least the return shipping.
    well with the red dot, i knew it was a cheapy but i did not know it was this cheap lol. i just wanted something for close up and fast target aquisition that i could use for torso dingers up at my camp which i get to maybe twice a year so spending big bucks just wasn't all that attractive. now i know i'll be buying something better maybe a bushnell or burris, they are much better and reasonably priced.

as for the rail.. wow they could of atleast advertised its brand, i opened the order box and seen nc star on the rails packaging and knew i got taken lol

thanks for your post, i'll be calling in my return tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by 556slinger View Post
    well with the red dot, i knew it was a cheapy but i did not know it was this cheap lol. i just wanted something for close up and fast target aquisition that i could use for torso dingers up at my camp which i get to maybe twice a year so spending big bucks just wasn't all that attractive. now i know i'll be buying something better maybe a bushnell or burris, they are much better and reasonably priced.

as for the rail.. wow they could of atleast advertised its brand, i opened the order box and seen nc star on the rails packaging and knew i got taken lol

thanks for your post, i'll be calling in my return tomorrow
    All new merchandise comes with an "implied warranty of fitness for its intended purpose", even if they don't say so. If they breach that warranty, you can undo the deal, although sometimes you'll have to go to court. Plenty of merchants think they can do whatever they want; I've received merchandise where additional terms and conditions were added to the invoice sheet, and those have no weight at all. The contract is created up front. Whatever they say on their webpage or catalog, plus your offer to buy, plus their acceptance of that offer, is the contract. They can't sell optical sights that are unsuitable for use as optical sights. Plus, there could be a hefty lawsuit if their sight contributed to an injury (although safe shooting practices should mean that the sight would have to slip 90 degrees before you'd hit someone. And I suspect you'd notice that.)

(Berks County)

Generally speaking, "Buy cheap, get cheap." Not always, but generally. With NCStar, definitely. NCStar gives you a lifetime warranty for their scopes and red dots. I've had two of their scopes. Both broke. I didn't even bother getting them replaced, as they're complete crap. If you want a solid red dot that is not expensive, get a Bushnell for about $130 or so.

(York County)

I have a big aversion to ordering a companies products that I havent held in my hand.

It's kind of a rule in my little world.

I have taken some risks with CTD, but not on electronics.

I have gotten stuff like holsters and Ka-bars, but thats about it, if it doesnt have a brand name I know then I need to hold it first.

Make sure you leave a review so others dont get shafted!
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Centre County)

Sometimes you get what you pay for.

buy once, cry once, buy cheap, buy again.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by arrrrgh15 View Post
    Sometimes you get what you pay for.

buy once, cry once, buy cheap, buy again.
    +1

When I was in the market for a red dot, I could have went cheap, but I live by the motto, "you get what you pay for", so I went with the Aimpoint CompM4, and it was worth every freaking penny.

Proud member of:

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    The following products are non-returnable:

* Food
    * Ammunition
    * Air guns
    * Black powder guns
    * Night vision
    * Target throwers
    * Limited quantity and sale items
    * Optics
    * First aid kits
    * DVDs
    * Books
    * Products warranted by manufacturer

If they took back all the crappy products, then how would they stay in business?

Still, if you took them to court over it, you'd probably win, but the cost would kill you. And no State AG is going to help out the evil gun nuts with a business that sells crap that;s useless for the advertised purpose (which is a deceptive business practice.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast