Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Perry County)

Default Mayor of Bell Gardens has been shot by wife.

http://ktla.com/2014/09/30/mayor-of-...l-worker-says/

Should be interesting to follow. He was shot dead by his wife but it says the son was struggling with the father. Domestic abuse killing in self-defense?

The mayor of Bell Gardens was fatally shot Tuesday afternoon in a dispute with his wife, who was in custody, authorities said.

Authorities on the scene of the shooting told reporters that Mayor Daniel Crespo died after being shot multiple times in the torso by his wife, who was identified as Levette Crespo.

Their 19-year-old son tried to intervene in an argument between the couple, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department Lt. Steve Jauch said.

The father and son struggled, then Levette Crespo shot her husband, according to Jauch.

She was detained, the lieutenant said.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Default Re: Mayor of Bell Gardens has been shot by wife.

BELL GARDENS, Calif. -- The mayor of a Los Angeles suburb was shot to death Tuesday during an argument with his wife, who was taken into custody, authorities said.

Daniel Crespo, 45, was pronounced dead at a hospital, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputy Crystal Hernandez said.

Paramedics were called to a Bell Gardens condominium shortly after 2:30 p.m. Crespo and his wife, Levette Crespo, 43, had gotten into an argument, Hernandez said. Their son, Daniel Jr., 19, tried to intervene, and Crespo got into a struggle with him, she said.

Levette Crespo got a gun and shot her husband several times in the torso, and she was detained for questioning, Hernandez said.

Crespo and his wife were high school sweethearts who married in 1986. They met in New York, according to a biography on the city's website.

Bell Gardens, a suburb of about 43,000, is located about 18 miles southeast of Los Angeles. Crespo was elected to the City Council in 2001. The council is a part-time job and members take turns serving as mayor.

The city's website Tuesday night had an image of a black bow and a statement from Mayor Pro Tem Priscilla Flores and three councilmembers that said the shooting doesn't appear to be related to Crespo's mayoral activities.

"Our thoughts and prayers should be with Mayor Crespo's family at this tragic time," the statement said.

Crespo has been a county deputy probation officer for 15 years, according to the website. However, county CEO Bill Fujioka stated in a Twitter posting that Crespo had more than 21 years with the probation department.
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!