Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Imagine your worst fear coming true and someone abducts your child...

As a father and grandfather this is a topic that I pray never happens. With that said we do live in a world with danger all around us. What would the average person do if someone with a gun abducted our kids right in front of us. Do you SHOOT or NOT SHOOT? Check out this article as see for yourself.

Shoot or No Shooting Scenario where someone has your child...What do you do?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Imagine your worst fear coming true and someone abducts your child...

I'm glad he said what he did. When the guy was listing his qualifications I was afraid it was going to be " let him go, treat him like royalty" etc. My thoughts on such situations are " you will never see her again ".

What ifs are a good thing to think about.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Imagine your worst fear coming true and someone abducts your child...

I would do anything and everything I had to do to not lose sight of my daughter. Odds are if she is abducted that you will never see her again.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Elk County)

I'd call this guy:

Noah
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; September 15th, 2014 at 08:21 AM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    I'd call this guy:

Noah
    I hear he's converting to Islam. He'll be too busy hanging out with Cat Stephens.

No thanks, I'd call this guy instead.

If his theory that the 1st person that shoots has the advantage, and that the noise "scrambles their brain for a second", why wouldn't you also shoot the glass door instead of opening it? Wouldn't the sound of gun fire plus all that shattering glass be even more effective? Plus you're not fumbling with opening the door to get outside.

Wouldn't it also be better to teach your kids to struggle and fight with everything they have? My theory being the more they struggle the harder it is for the attacker to control both them and their firearm effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    I hear he's converting to Islam. He'll be too busy hanging out with Cat Stephens.
    If all believers of that faith were like Yusuf Islam (formerly Cat Stevens) then there'd be no issues.

(Monroe County)

I think of it often. I have a 12 yr old. They get on the school bus and I think of that often also. A bus driver and a bus filled with kids. I teach her to always fight as hard as she can to get away. Do anything possible. NEVER walk ANYWHERE alone. Always use bathrooms with a friend at mall, movies, bowling allie, school, locker room etc. I was an attempted kid grab when I was 12 yrs old when I lived in NJ. He grabbed my pant leg and I got away. I was walking home on a main road and he was parked in his car with the door open. He asked me to help him with something and I could not see if I knew the person or not. I took one step to close and he went for me. I will never know what would have come of that situation if he had a better grip on me. So I fear it with my daughter everyday. Plus she does not live with me full time so I do not have as much control as I would like. However I do remind her and teach her about SA. And when she is with me nobody F's with my daughter and they know it, friends, teachers, coaches etc. thx.
    Last edited by poconojoe; September 15th, 2014 at 11:52 AM.

(Tioga County)

If anyone with a gun tried to abduct my nieces or nephews in front of me, the perp better bring his A game.

(Wayne County)

One of the best events that I ever took my girls to was Escape School out on by Dignity Memorial funeral homes. It taught the girls what to do to avoid being abducted, what to do during an abduction and what to do afterward in the event tbat they were abducted. Topics included fighting, attracting attention, disabling vehicles, and leaving clues/traces for people searching and more.

Our scout service group put it on. IMO, every kid should be taught this information.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast