Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Driver's License Center - long

I went yesterday morning to take my CDL knowledge test to obtain my learners permit and was carrying concealed - M&P40 fullsize IWB. I had a very thin button-down shirt and Carhart jacket covering it while at the counter. When I sat down in thier God-awful uncomfortable chair to take my test I removed my jacket and had only the shirt concealing and was printing BAD but didn't care. I had a test to worry about. There were several younger people taking their driving test and I noticed one kept looking my way occasionally. I dropped something and bent down to retrieve it and felt the shirt come up and get caught above the grip causing it to be obviously visible. I reached around to re-cover it and afterwards shot a glance over to the one kid and he was staring with a look of confusion but not fear. I smiled and nodded to acknowledge him and continued my test. He finished his and got up and walked away a short time later. I was there over an hour with alot of people who were sitting and waiting and likely had nothing better to do than look around and could easily see me printing very bad if they paid any attention to anything (which they probably didn't yet they want to be able to drive...) Needless to say that was the first time carrying that i know someone noticed my sidearm and thought i would share that i went about my business there without incident. Maybe next time I go back I should open carry....?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Driver's License Center - long

Well, it's not as if you were doing anything illegal.

The more you open carry, the more you may discover that most people don't notice, and for those that do, most people don't care.

Now, if you were wearing pajamas, staggering around, drooling and talking to yourself, then they might indeed notice, and notice fast!

I've OC'd to the DOT building in Harrisburg before nobody said a thing
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

I've wore pajamas, staggering around, drooling and talking to myself before.

Wait, I don't think I had pajamas on, maybe I should order a pair from http://www.ojamas.us/servlet/the-Oba...mas/Categories

By the way, she hardly noticed

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrBi11 View Post

Wait, I don't think I had pajamas on, maybe I should order a pair from http://www.ojamas.us/servlet/the-Oba...mas/Categories

What's this country coming to?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

(Lackawanna County)

i OC'd to the center in Dunmore, so my brother could get the change of address card. one of the people there insisted that it was against the law to carry in there. i was only in for about a minute, so i ignored them.

I OCd to the driver's license center in Allentown last October to get my picture taken for my license. It was warm enough that there was no need for any sort of jacket, so I was wide open the whole way in and out. The only guy who really noticed it was the guy in line behind me. We were grumbling about the possibility of Osama Obama being elected, and then he gestured to my gun and said he was a complete supporter of "that stuff" too. So I gave him a flier. Other than that, no problems at all.

Thanks for the report though, and good luck with any decision to OC. If you do decide to OC, be sure you have a good retention holster. The holsters I use for CC are different than the ones I use for OC. Not having a retention holster can change your day from very good to very bad in an instant. Also, be prepared to take crap from someone, whether a private citizen or a cop. Not everyone is as well informed as we would like.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBi11 View Post

Wait, I don't think I had pajamas on, maybe I should order a pair from http://<b>http://www.ojamas.us/servl...Categories</b>

Where is the feral cat to claw my eyes out, when I need it?