Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: cs9 vs pm9

(Montgomery County)

Default cs9 vs pm9

well with winter comming up on us fast i can get back to carring a larger CCW. which is a CS9 which has been a great gun with 0 complaints from me. i was just wondering how the cs9 would compare in size and weight to kahrs PM9...

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: cs9 vs pm9

I used to have a CS9. It was a very nice gun that shot and handled very well. It was also one of the few compact carry guns in a major caliber that had a true safety. As far as size comparison. If I remember right it was about 6.5 inches long and 5.25 inches tall and the width was really wide because of that huge hogue grip and the supersized decocker and slide stop. The pm9 is 5.3 in long and 4 inches high making it more than 1 inch smaller in length and height. The p9 would be a much closer comparison, but still it would be smaller than the CS9. As far as weight goes, the S&W website weighed the CS9 right around 20oz. the pm9 is more like 14 with a fully loaded weight under 20. I have not shot the polymer versions of the Kahr guns but was able to shoot a K9 a few months ago. I would take the Kahr over the CS9 for carry and range use as it is both smaller and was more accurate in my hands at least.

Hope this helps,

nhughesmd

My dream for the CS9 was to have custom thin grips made for it and to take it to a gunsmith to have the decocker and slide stop thinned out about two of those steps. then it would have been a great carry gun.

I ended up selling mine and buying a Glock 19, thinner, lighter and shorterin height, but slightly longer because it has a 4 inch barrel instead of a 3 in. Most importantly, greater firepower 15+1 vs. 8+1!
    Last edited by nhughesmd; August 21st, 2008 at 06:21 AM.