Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Going National Guard Buying options?

As header says, I joined the National Guard. Love my weapons and plan to expand my ownership. What am I able to purchase with my Military I.D? Do I get discounts for being military? Anyone with info on this topic I would love to hear your thoughts and idea's.

Default Re: Going National Guard Buying options?

Nope… doesn’t work like that. You get a discount only if the store or shop in nice enough to have one.

And…. While you may be able to buy a long gun with you ID, as it is proof you are who you say you are. In most states you will not be able to buy a handgun. Handguns sales are in most cases restricted to state residents.

You ID buys you nothing, you are still a privet citizen and not part of law enforcement.

OH! And do NOT take any of your guns with you anywhere they send you for training or deployments… they will take your guns, you won’t get them back and you will be in big trouble.
    <a href=http://militarysignatures.com target=_blank><a href=http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member623.png target=_blank>http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member623.png</a></a>

(Dauphin County)

Your ID might get you out of a speeding ticket or two, as long as you're at least 100 miles from an active duty post. It might also get you an article 15 if you lose it.

I hope you didn't join just because you thought you can get types of weapons...

(Northampton County)

Thank you for your service to your country.

Best bet for advice regarding personal weapons and duty time is your unit's Master Sgt.

Listen to response...dont argue with response and indicate willingness to comply. Best wishes during active duty.

Take no weapons to Basic Training or Advanced training.

John-Former NJ National Guard
    Last edited by John-Pa; June 16th, 2008 at 09:51 AM.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by DEMO View Post
    As header says, I joined the National Guard. Love my weapons and plan to expand my ownership. What am I able to purchase with my Military I.D? Do I get discounts for being military? Anyone with info on this topic I would love to hear your thoughts and idea's.

One thing I would like to say is thank you for your loyalty, and service to your country.
    Now, as a part of the National guard you are technically a civilian until called for duty. Your i.d is not like a police officers where you can go in and buy a handgun and put it on your badge. Any purchase you make whether it be a pistol or rifle will be the same procedure as a private person. As far as discounts and courtesy of getting out of a speeder with your i.d, that is up to the person going to give it you. Anyone with any type of law enforcement or military i.d gets a break on all moving violations from our Dept. If you go to hotels or other places ask them about Gov't discounts, some places offer up to 10% off.
    Be safe

some shops will offer a % discount, but other than that, you are an "average joe" in the world...

been Active Duty for 10 years now and have nothing special... i feel good knowing that PICS should come back approved every time...
    This Space For Rent

Quote Originally Posted by B.L. Hall View Post

And…. While you may be able to buy a long gun with you ID, as it is proof you are who you say you are.
    a tidbit of info for some of those who dont know...

the "NEW" CAC (common acces card) ID is NOT a legal ID. it does nto have a physical description on it. it does get accepted in some places, but it can be declined anywhere you attempt to use it. Bars are the top place to get declined...

just an FYI is all
    This Space For Rent

Quote Originally Posted by Seventy4Blazer View Post
    a tidbit of info for some of those who dont know...

the "NEW" CAC (common acces card) ID is NOT a legal ID. it does nto have a physical description on it. it does get accepted in some places, but it can be declined anywhere you attempt to use it. Bars are the top place to get declined...

just an FYI is all
    I don't think legal is the correct term here, as it does carry your description, one would have to swipe it to get the info. Inadequate for ID purposes would probably be better. You WILL need it to get onto 98% of the military bases now.

(Philadelphia County)

Great thanks for your reply's. Yes they give us a do's and dont's list. Contraband and such. I would never bring my own weapon if I deployed, I'd rather break the army's gear then my own. lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast