Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Picked up a new gun today!

So I did not intend on buying a gun today I saw the shinny guy looking at me and I was shocked it was as cheap as it was... Well I asked to see it. It was a Jimenez Arms Model J.A. .380
    I never heard of the company and asked the guy about it... A brief history and I was sold. It fit nice in my hand and looked sexy... I don’t know how it shoots yet. As for field striping to clean it, it is hard... The firing pin shot across the room and I spent 45 min trying to find it... I am already finding things I don’t like, but I am also finding things I like... Rumor has it, that it wont shoot hollow points, I will test this theory... This is a temporary .380 until I get my Ruger LCP. Like I said I bought it at a whim and figured I would give it a chance.

Feel free to give me criticism I don’t mind... You wont hurt my feelings... Also if you know any problems with the gun give me a heads up... I know I should have did my research... But I will only be in town for a day before I go back to VA... so I wanted to grab it before I left.

The Black gun is my XD-40 SC I am showing the size Diff

ΑΣΦ

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Picked up a new gun today!

O look it's a mini pimp gun ...

Quote Originally Posted by Papuppyowner View Post
    O look it's a mini pimp gun ...
    yea for the price I would bet the maj of pimps have one just like it...

Now that I have looked online at the reviews, I might have bought a paper weight... O well Lesson learned... I still want to shoot it to see what she can do... "Fluff - Buff" might fix it up...
    Last edited by Bug44; July 3rd, 2009 at 07:25 PM.
    ΑΣΦ

(Allegheny County)

I had that same model back when it was made by Bryco. Mine functioned perfectly with my lead roundnose reloads...it shot right to the point of aim too! I probably put 5-700 rounds through it and the frame developed a small crack. I sent it back and they replaced the gun. The replacement didn't shoot to the point of aim like the first so I sold it. Cheap guns like this are a crapshoot....you might get one that shoots really well...or not. Regardless, consider it a "disposable" gun. If it shoots well and you want to keep it just take it out once in a while...don't expect it to last for tens of thousands of rounds like a "quality" gun.
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

(Monroe County)

These are the "disposable" guns that the brady bunch campaigns against heavily. Wonder why they dont stock them in gun shops brand new? Because first of all no respectable gun shop would, and secondly they are sold exclusively at inner city gun shops. The price brand new is nothing and they are straw purchased out the ass. They can kill a man easily and then wiped and tossed in the trash.

I've read alot about these types of guns exploding. So make sure you wear eye safety when shooting this gun...
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam M Geer View Post
    yea for the price I would bet the maj of pimps have one just like it...

Now that I have looked online at the reviews, I might have bought a paper weight... O well Lesson learned... I still want to shoot it to see what she can do... "Fluff - Buff" might fix it up...
    Looks just like my Davis P380, which is now sold as a Cobra CA380, and was a Jennings, Bryce, (insert others spawned from the same source) gun. Several months ago a woman posted about a gun that exploded in her hand using factory ammo from the same family of guns. Cheaply made using cheap materials, they all have the "slide and/or frame develops cracks and explodes" flaw.

If they'll take it back, I'd recommend returning it.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    Looks just like my Davis P380, which is now sold as a Cobra CA380, and was a Jennings, Bryce, (insert others spawned from the same source) gun. Several months ago a woman posted about a gun that exploded in her hand using factory ammo from the same family of guns. Cheaply made using cheap materials, they all have the "slide and/or frame develops cracks and explodes" flaw.

If they'll take it back, I'd recommend returning it.
    See if you can trade it in towards ammo or something. I think it's obvious upon your own research, you would never trust your life to this gun as a carry or home defense gun. Since you already have that established.

The fucking gun can still get you killed when it explodes in your face. Maybe take an eye out, lose vision, reconstructive surgery. I wouldnt even take it shooting. BETTER YET!!!! Alot of police barracks have local "turn in your gun for cash no questions asked" things where they give you money for your gun. I think I would feel more at ease knowing its going to be destroyed then giving it back to the gun shop so they can sell it to some poor sob who ends up hurting himself in a time of need.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    See if you can trade it in towards ammo or something. I think it's obvious upon your own research, you would never trust your life to this gun as a carry or home defense gun. Since you already have that established.

The fucking gun can still get you killed when it explodes in your face. Maybe take an eye out, lose vision, reconstructive surgery. I wouldnt even take it shooting. BETTER YET!!!! Alot of police barracks have local "turn in your gun for cash no questions asked" things where they give you money for your gun. I think I would feel more at ease knowing its going to be destroyed then giving it back to the gun shop so they can sell it to some poor sob who ends up hurting himself in a time of need.
    If I ever learn of a "buy back" going on near Reading thats where my P380 is gonna go.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Allegheny County)

Don't feel bad, we all have impulse buys, and I have had my share of pricey impulse buys. Just be glad you didn't have an impulse that cost hundreds of dollars. I had a Davis 380 once, and I couldn't hit jack shit at 7 yards. I should have kept it though as a paperweight or to use to make something like a lamp out of it (or some other craft project). Shoot it and see what you got.

(Lancaster County)

Wink Re: Picked up a new gun today!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam M Geer View Post
    So I did not intend on buying a gun today I saw the shinny guy looking at me and I was shocked it was as cheap as it was... Well I asked to see it. It was a Jimenez Arms Model J.A. .380
    I never heard of the company and asked the guy about it... A brief history and I was sold. It fit nice in my hand and looked sexy... I don’t know how it shoots yet. As for field striping to clean it, it is hard... The firing pin shot across the room and I spent 45 min trying to find it... I am already finding things I don’t like, but I am also finding things I like... Rumor has it, that it wont shoot hollow points, I will test this theory... This is a temporary .380 until I get my Ruger LCP. Like I said I bought it at a whim and figured I would give it a chance.

Feel free to give me criticism I don’t mind... You wont hurt my feelings... Also if you know any problems with the gun give me a heads up... I know I should have did my research... But I will only be in town for a day before I go back to VA... so I wanted to grab it before I left.

The Black gun is my XD-40 SC I am showing the size Diff

MY OPINION .. IF IT WORKS FOR YOU AND YOU LIKE IT THEN LOVE IT AND WHO CARES WHO MADE IT. SURE IS A SWEETY , I LIKE IT !! KEEP IN MIND NOT EVERYONE HERE KNOWS WTF THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT
    Last edited by Armed_in_Lancity; July 4th, 2009 at 05:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast