Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Kel-Tec Weapons

Default Kel-Tec Weapons

Anyone have any experience with these? I like the SU-16 rifle. Was considering a purchase one day. Anyone have one of these or heard how reliable they are?

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Kel-Tec Weapons

Yes, i've have a SU 16A for several years now. I never had any problems with it. Since then they have come out with several different models. Go to their web site and forums to get more info.

(Northumberland County)

Dont have that rifle, but I do have the P3AT and a Sub 2000. Great guns. never had a problem with either.
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

I own a few of the Pistols...All good guns.

I was interested in the SU-16 also, But I just can't get past the price. For what they go for New You could build an AR15 -- If they were $350 or less, I'd own one by now.

That's just me though, But it appears to be a very intriguing rifle. Also I guess if I was looking for my first rifle I'd be looking a little harder and not bitching about the price as much.

TJB
    Recoil Happens

(Bucks County)

2 P3-AT's, 1 P-32, 1 P-11, 1 Pf-9. All have been great with 1 exception. P3-AT #1 broke a hammer spring and rendered the gun useless. KT sent new spring, installed myself in minutes and everything was fine. However, it failed after the first shot in the magazine and had there been a situation, I would have been screwed....unless the first shot was COM.

I especially like the P-11, 13 shots...tiny shootable package. Definitely the most bang for the buck IMHO.

Thank you.

Has anyone observed if these guns were cheap or chincy? Like they were more loose in the action, or didnt slide as nice, cheap springs? Problems jamming. etc?

thanks

(Pike County)

For some reason, the plastic Kel-tec uses always give the fealing of being cheap. That said, I have a Sub2000, a P-40, and 2 p3at's, and love every one of them. Lite, reliable, and not heavy on the price. Have almost bought a SU16 a couple of times, but I have 3 556 rifles already, so I can not justify it to myself.

Talking Re: Kel-Tec Weapons

I have 2 Sub 2000's, no problem with either and they are fun to shoot. Accurate out to 100 yds, 3 inch'ish group, portable they fold and fit in my backpack or any other limited space area.
    I just acquired a used su-16a and have put around 1000 rds through it with no problems. I put a Pentax gameseeker 3-9 on it and it has reasonably tight groups at 100, 200 and 400 yds.
    Kel tec has been around for a while so they must be doing something right, also they are made in the USA!!::