Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ipod Touch

(Blair County)

Default Ipod Touch

Anyone have one. I'm no babe of technology but try to keep up as best as my interests dictate. Kill it with fire and hand me a bigger hammer kinda guy. I think a few of the apps would be usefull and talk radio podcast would be nice to catch up on.

Being able to check email via wifi is a nice option as well. This device seems like a good answer to the I phone without the expensive service plan.

Your thoughts and experiences appreciated.

Brad
    And if you want to race, name the place and I'll show you where it's at mother f@#$&#!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Ipod Touch

I like mine. The touch screen is awesome, way better than a lot of touch screen consumer electronics out there.

The keyboard is a little hard to learn at first but once you learn the trick it's cake. At first you want to try to peck at the key you want (which is admittedly pretty tiny) but after you teach yourself to just put your finger down in the general area and slide around until the letter you want is selected then release, it's 1000x easier.

Battery life is pretty good too, overall it's essentially all the features of an iPhone except for the phone. If you've already got a cell phone you've got that covered, so it fills in the rest very nicely.

If you're a music junkie get the biggest storage size, if you like music but are getting it mainly for the applications, save some $$$ and get the smaller capacity.

(Blair County)

i got one by wa of hand me up (son bought Iphone and gave dad the Ipod touch) been playing with it like it lots and the apps are awesome lots of stuff to be had. pm me if you want to look at one.
    I just flew the Millennium Falcon through the hole in your logic 2A6X1

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSHOVEL View Post
    Anyone have one. I'm no babe of technology but try to keep up as best as my interests dictate. Kill it with fire and hand me a bigger hammer kinda guy. I think a few of the apps would be usefull and talk radio podcast would be nice to catch up on.

Being able to check email via wifi is a nice option as well. This device seems like a good answer to the I phone without the expensive service plan.

Your thoughts and experiences appreciated.

Brad
    you can surf the net also with wifi. ive been on here with mine.
    I just flew the Millennium Falcon through the hole in your logic 2A6X1

(Lehigh County)

great product the internet and email is great. Overall it is well worth it if you are considering an Ipod.

(Monroe County)

I loved mine but sold it when i got and iphone. +1 to the idea of more memory. My iphone only has an 8 GB HD and im hard pressed to have more than one movie and all my music on it at once. I no longer need to have a google man to call for information while i am out and about. I now have the interweb and PAFOA with me everywhere i go.

Quote Originally Posted by reichebrown View Post
    I loved mine but sold it when i got and iphone. +1 to the idea of more memory. My iphone only has an 8 GB HD and im hard pressed to have more than one movie and all my music on it at once. I no longer need to have a google man to call for information while i am out and about. I now have the interweb and PAFOA with me everywhere i go.
    Same thing happened with me. The Touch is amazing, but once you go to an iPhone, especially the 3g one, you will never want to go back.

(Armstrong County)

I have the Jailbreak software if anyone needs it for the Touch.
    Yep, I used it on mine and it works great.

An OC Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Monroe County)

i use a coworkers ipod touch at work, i sit on this site most of the the time at night, or im watching movies or tv shows. it helps the time go buy on slow overnight shifts.

i still havent ponied up the cash to buy one yet tho. i have other things that nearly $300 can be used for.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

ive got 2 a 8gig and a 16 gig i love then. they are basically little laptops they do everything when driving through york city i can stop at any street light and check my email wifi is everywhere nowadays. i just paid to upgrade to the 2.2 firmware and its even better with a bigger selection of games. but the ipod is a big money hole unless you Jailbreak it. both of mine are jailbroken and it makes them 100x better. my only problem now is i want logmein ignition but i can only get it through itunes for $26 but it looks like it works good. it would be awesome to have remote access to my home pc.

the ipod touch can be used as a phone you can get skype for your ipod touch buy the headset adapter and makee calls whenever your in a wifi area.

Game To Try: Zombie Attack! i have the free version and my high score is 2300ish good fun game

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast