Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Remembering 9-11-01

Last edited by soberbyker; September 12th, 2008 at 04:34 AM.

Default Re: Remembering 9-11-01

Thanks for posting , this is a real sore spot with me , I guess some things never dull with the passage of time .

They are very appropriate pics as they capture the essence of that day..

Thanks again

Ed

(Allegheny County)

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

courage to change the things I cannot accept,

and the skill to kill every last one of them...

God Bless America
    Last edited by ScaredOnce; September 10th, 2008 at 08:33 PM.

(Dauphin County)

these pictures are from Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri they are in a case along the wall..... never forget !!

Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Mifflin County)

I still remember everything I did that day from the time I was woken up til the time I passed out.
    Audaces fortuna juvat

(Lycoming County)

I was a senior in high school, sitting in psychology. I think we were notified over the PA of what had happened. You couldn't get reception on the tvs in the classrooms, unless you were me and knew the trick, put a paperclip in the antenae/cable in port. We watched the events unfold and I felt helpless. One kid in the back of the class made some sort of comment and laughed. I spun around, told him "shut the f*ck up, you ignorant bastard, people are dying and you're laughing." The room went quiet and my teacher never batted an eye at what I said.

That day will always be with us. It's one of the reasons I joined the fire service.

"Unus ut caput capitis"

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

I just watched an hour of the movie Obsession. It is very timely. Pretty interesting. It looks at the Islamic militant movement in a totally different way than I have ever seen it. There are no excuses. It just lays bare the culture of hate. I got it mailed to me. Check it out online.

I will never forget sitting at work that day listening to Stern. My wife (fiance then) was home since it was her day off. We were all standing at the big windows overlooking City Line and 76. It was a BEAUTIFUL day, sort of like today. It was nice and crisp that morning and the sky was clear and blue. We all finally hauled our asses back to our desks when my wife calls me. I still remember the conversation. She was just waking up and put the news on.

Her: Hey are you hearing about what's happening in NYC?
    me: No, what's up?
    her: One of the sky scrapers has a huge fire.
    me: Which building? It must be one hell of a fire if it's on the news.
    her: (a few seconds of scilence) It's one of the Twin Towers. It's not just a fire. They are saying they think it was a plane that crashed. I guess it was an accident?
    me: A plane? Was it a little private plane or something?
    her: It looks like it's coming around again.
    me: A big plane?
    her: Yeah.
    me: It was no accident.
    her: Oh my God! The pland just crashed right into the tower again.
    me: It had to be two different planes. Are they saying anything?
    her: Hang on.

I went around the office and asked if anyone knew anyone working in NYC. There was a guy who had a pregnant cousin who worked in NYC. We went around trying to get a TV since Stern started talking about it. We knew right away this was intentional. I guess having not seen it live we were a little more able to think things through. My wife said later she couldn't believe what she was seeing. She watched the whole thing unfold live. Thinking back I still get choked up. There was a good show on History channel two nights ago that looked at all of the conspiracy theories around 9/11 and debunking them. I wish I had seen the whole thing and not just a few minutes in the middle since I fell asleep.

(Bucks County)

I remember it like it was yesterday....I was still in Italy, was coming home from the mall with my sister, just bought a new 56k modem to replace my broken one....Then my phone rang...it was my Dad who heard it on the radio at work.....rushed home to get to a TV and watch it unfold barely holding tears.

One of the saddest days in my life.

(Monroe County)

I watched the whole thing on TV that morning, my heart sank with every second that went by. I remember seeing people falling/jumping out of the buildings and was so shocked with disbelief and horror.

I watched these buildings being built as a child and had to watch them being destroyed as an adult. I will always see the NY skyline with the twin towers there, the image is burnt into my mind no matter what they replace them with.

(Monroe County)

I was sitting in my office and we found out by one of the co-workers husbands calling to tell her he was okay and he hadn't made it into work yet because of traffic but that he was coming home.

Of course we had no clue what he was talking about till he said look at the news, without TV's we went to the web, all the news sites were basically offline. It got to the point where the ONLY news story on any of the sites was just text about the attack.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast