Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Gunman on the Loose After Shooting at Philadelphia Kmart

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,460384,00.html

A gunman opened fire at a Philadelphia Kmart Tuesday morning, critically injuring one person, and police are on the hunt for the shooter.

Officer Christine O'Brien said the shooting happened on a loading dock at the store in the 8800 block of Frankford Avenue in Torresdale about 9:30 a.m. Tuesday.

The victim, described as a black male, was intervening in an argument when he was shot three times, once in the head, arm and chest, O'Brien said.

The 35-year-old wounded man is in critical condition at Frankford-Torresdale Hospital. His name has not been released.

Police have fanned out around the store in search of the gunman, believed to be a black male about 5'10", wearing a black hat and black hooded sweatshirt, according to MyFOXPhilly.com. He is reportedly driving a gold Nissan with a black door and a red hood.

Patrol cars are parked out front and officers are turning away customers at the door.

A message left with Kmart was not immediately returned.
    Wonder if the shooter had a LTCF?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Gunman on the Loose After Shooting at Philadelphia Kmart

Dang...

thats about 10 blocks from my house.

Gladly, it looks like there was an intended target, rather than a phsycotic-kill-em-all-shoot-out.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Somerset County)

yeah , saw that on FOX , they said he went to confront his ex girlfriend , who works there and a manager tried to help her and was shot
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Jefferson County)

Sadly enough, we the law abiding folks will pay the price.

I do hope the victim survives and recovers 110%. And that the shooter is brought to justice or lawfully killed in the attempt to bring him to justice.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

Sorry, I'm going to have to call BS. We're talking about Philadelphia here, which has the strictest rules in the state on carrying firearms. This obviously could not have happened there.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    Dang...

Gladly, it looks like there was an intended target, rather than a phsycotic-kill-em-all-shoot-out.
    Dear God man did you really just say that? Maybe I misread the article or your post here, but a thug confronts his ex-girlfriend and begins to get loud with her. A man tries to de-escalate the tense situation with an obviously hostile and violent agressor. And since the thug then intentionally shot him you are glad and this is somehow less fucked up than if it had been random? Am I missing something here?

Man if I'm missing sarcasm or something I'll appologize, but if not I'm calling you on being an asshat with that comment.

(Bucks County)

Smile Re: Gunman on the Loose After Shooting at Philadelphia Kmart

AdyMond, I gotta confess, I thought the exact same thing he did when I first read it.
    My thought went, and I assume his did too, that it's better that he had a target..... thinking here that the target would be another "thug, gang-banger, or a low-life from the 'hood".
    However, after reading your reply, I see where my line of thinking missed, entirely, the callousness that it conveys. I didn't mean to think that it was good he had a target, and it wasn't random. Rather, I was thinking "at least it wasn't a target of quality". By that, I mean "a decent person". Does this make sense?
    I'm pretty sure that is what he meant also, but maybe not. However, I am guilty of thinking it. I'll bet more than a few others think the same way. Just goes to show what putting up with no crime control on a daily basis has done for the way I view the things that happen in Filthadelphia.
    I agree, it sounded pretty gruesome when I read it, but also whaen I thought it. But I think he might not have intended it the way it came out.
    Have a nice day

(Monroe County)

seeing as how he lives 10 blocks away I can understand that he is glad its not some guy randomly shooting up the place
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    Dang...

Why would the police need your help?

I'll bet he does not have a LTCF

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post
    AdyMond, I gotta confess, I thought the exact same thing he did when I first read it.
    My thought went, and I assume his did too, that it's better that he had a target..... thinking here that the target would be another "thug, gang-banger, or a low-life from the 'hood".
    However, after reading your reply, I see where my line of thinking missed, entirely, the callousness that it conveys. I didn't mean to think that it was good he had a target, and it wasn't random. Rather, I was thinking "at least it wasn't a target of quality". By that, I mean "a decent person". Does this make sense?
    I'm pretty sure that is what he meant also, but maybe not. However, I am guilty of thinking it. I'll bet more than a few others think the same way. Just goes to show what putting up with no crime control on a daily basis has done for the way I view the things that happen in Filthadelphia.
    I agree, it sounded pretty gruesome when I read it, but also whaen I thought it. But I think he might not have intended it the way it came out.
    Have a nice day
    I guess I am sort of pissed about that line of thinking because it was a decent man trying to do the right thing that got shot by a piece of shit. Had it been two thugs fighting over a girl no big loss if one shoots the other, but that wasn't the case. I know what you mean about the desensitizing effect of lack of crime control, but I think we need to be careful that we do not just lump all crime in Philly into the same bucket because there are some decent people who end up being victims that we need to keep in our thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    seeing as how he lives 10 blocks away I can understand that he is glad its not some guy randomly shooting up the place
    I sort of understand this line of thinking. I just think it is a really callous line of thinking especially since it seems the victim was doing the right thing.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast