Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default PAFOA Gets a mention

http://citypaper.net/articles/2009/1...un-loving-left

The Gun-Loving Left
    "What does paperwork do when you get shot in the face?"

The practice of toting loaded firearms in public tends to be associated — recently, at least — with the political right. Indeed, it was a point of contention among even his closest friends when Martin Droll, 20-year-old data entrist and co-founder of the small Philly-based leftist People's Revolutionary Party, announced that he'd be bringing his AK-47 rifle to the G20 summit in Pittsburgh last weekend.

He wouldn't use it; he'd just exercise his right to openly carry a fully loaded assault weapon. It would, he said, demonstrate his willingness to "resist the armed attacks by the police and state."

Droll's comrades — who had planned to travel to Pittsburgh with him — were less-than-wowed by the idea. It could get him, not to mention them, in trouble, they pointed out.

"I can't be arrested for it for sure. They might come up with some excuse to detain me," Droll countered, "and in that case I can sue the police department of Pittsburgh. ... I'm sure the NRA would even cover my case."

To bolster his argument, Droll had assembled legal documents — or, rather, a few court cases and a Pennsylvania Gun Owners Association flier. Still, most of his fellow protesters remained unconvinced — "What does paperwork do when you get shot in the face?" demanded one.

Finally, Droll's friends told him that he'd have to leave the gun or get another ride. He opted for the latter, hitching a ride with "Bill" — a friend of a friend. "I think it would be morally wrong for me not to bring a gun," Droll explained on the drive up.

But for all that, on the opening day of the economic summit, Droll — citing an overcast sky — opted not to not bring the rifle to Thursday's un-permitted march in Pittsburgh's Arsenal Park: He didn't want to risk his gun rusting, he said.

Friday's demonstration, too, saw an unarmed Droll. The previous night, Bill had given him his own ultimatum: Leave the gun in the car during the protests or find another ride home to Philadelphia. Droll gave up.

He had been surprised, he admitted, that no one else seemed to have brought weapons to the summit. But that didn't stop him from wishing he had. "Of course with or without a gun, the result would have been the same," Droll conceded on the drive home. But still, he felt like he'd let the left, and himself, down: "One person with a gun is a much better show than zero."

I'm actually quite familiar with the people & events involved in this, the individual in question being a former roommate. I'm sure I'll be quite popular here after this *snicker* but no matter, it is relevant to the community IMHO.
    Just because 'perfect' is impossible does not mean we should settle for 'broken'.

(Butler County)

Default Re: PAFOA Gets a mention

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Mumit View Post
    "I can't be arrested for it for sure. They might come up with some excuse to detain me," Droll countered, "and in that case I can sue the police department of Pittsburgh. ... I'm sure the NRA would even cover my case."
    Wow. Reality is going to be difficult for this man someday.

(Philadelphia County)

That'd be my fault. I told him they provide legal assistance. I should've said advice, not assistance.
    Just because 'perfect' is impossible does not mean we should settle for 'broken'.

(Luzerne County)

He *can't* be arrested... and AK's rust in the rain...

Naive much?

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    Wow. Reality is going to be difficult for this man someday.
    No shit.

It's also refreshing to see someone so committed to exercising his 2A rights that he only carries on sunny days with a relative humidity of 75% or less.
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Lackawanna County)

Worried about an AK-47 rusting? Those things are practically bomb proof.

(Monroe County)

Why is this even a story? Nothing happen... It's a pointless article and I want my 3 minutes back for reading it..

IANAL, but I was under the impression you could only carry a rifle if you have a LTCF and theres some sorts state emergency, or something like that.
    WAKE UP OR WACO!

(Lackawanna County)

Talking Re: PAFOA Gets a mention

Quote Originally Posted by 5711-Marine View Post
    No shit.

It's also refreshing to see someone so committed to exercising his 2A rights that he only carries on sunny days with a relative humidity of 75% or less.
    He's a member of the younger generation,he doesn't know any better,yet. I think an A for effort would be ok, but he needs to get educated real soon.
    Marines anyone.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    He's a member of the younger generation,he doesn't know any better,yet. I think an A for effort would be ok, but he needs to get educated real soon.
    Marines anyone.
    Sorry...the Marines dont accept commies.

Comrade marting even has a few youtube videos.

(Allegheny County)

In Soviet Russia, Gun fires YOU!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast