Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Got Dicked!

Default Got Dicked!

Went to the Monaca Dick’s the other day, it was the day after Christmas, anyways, I catch the wife doing exactly what I want her to do, checking out the over under there at $299.00 I needed to see if the LOP was good for her, So I walk up and ask how is it, she says don’t quite know, there is a trigger lock on it, cant finger the trigger.

Now Vicky is all of 5’3” just so you understand, her reach is pretty short, if she can get anywhere near the trigger, does not always mean it will be comfy, so I asked the clerk there if he could remove the lock…

“No its state law” Say what! What state, when did this start?
    “well, we been open since about august and we where told the only time to remove the lock on the trigger is at the register once the gun is sold.
    I asked the man, Just how long you been around guns? He says 35 years, I asked how many guns have you bought with trigger locks on them with out trying the LOP?
    LOP? Length of Pull! You have many guns?
    So he says well I have had guns for 35 years and they all fit me well, I buy them and get used to them, what is length of pull? I explain it to him.
    “well just buy the gun, then get used to the length, you don’t need to try that here…

So I ask again, “Please show me the law that says you have to have a gun lock on a display gun and cat take it off… Well its store policy. So I ask, and how many dummies buy guns they can’t finger first? He then says well we are not allowed, but if you insist, I can see about getting the manager to see if he will allow it… I said never mind, I was considering buying this shotgun, but seeing I cant know for sure she will like it, I will go to an other store where I don’t even need to ask to get the lock off, its an automatic gesture.
    Then I said, besides, Your manager wouldn’t like to hear you just f’ed up a $700 sale…
    He says well the gun is on special for $299 and was never $700.
    I said no, it wasn’t, but the Beretta next to it is, and that was the one I brought her here to see. I was ready to put a layaway on it, but now Ill just go look elsewhere.

Unless there is a very good sale at Dick’s Ill never go back there just to browse again!!!

I guess one could say If I cant finger the trigger, there isn’t any need for me to be at Dick’s!!!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Got Dicked!

i had the same problem with the mossy 500 i was looking at buying there, i didn't press the issue just walked out.

‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

— James Earl Jones

(Luzerne County)

Well, it is Dick's. You need ZERO experience to get hired and then they give you next to ZERO hands on training. Seriously, not something I would call unexpected. I wouldn't go into Dicks and look at any guns I was not familiar with and expect any kind of "helpful" help from the staff. Just as I wouldn't expect it at Wal-Mart.

Go to a reputable gun shop and pay the extra $25 - $50 for the same gun. Your paying for the service and knowledge at that point

(Fulton County)

www.budsgunshop.com prolly has it cheaper

(Berks County)

The Dick's near me here does the exact same thing. It must be a store policy, which is then passed off to the uninformed idiots behind the counter as "state law".
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Allegheny County)

I can't say that I blame the kid on the other hand. He most likely had no firearms experience and was following store policy as he was informed. Yes, he could have been nicer but he didn't want to break any rules and get in trouble/fired. Don't get mad at the kid for following policy, get mad at the crappy management and stupid rules. (but I guess it's to stop people from loading the firearms and having another Omaha incident.

Look at it this way: If we lived in a horrible state and it WAS illegal to show someone a firearm without the trigger lock, he could have been fired or arrested.

having said that, I also wouldn't purchase a firearm from them because of those policies. That is my right as a consumer. Is enough people bring up that fact to the management they may change the policy. They also may not and that is their right as a retailer.

LOL When you say "Kid" you must not have read where he said he has had guns for 35 years, this guy must have been upper 50's to 60's . Never the less, I wont buy a gun I cant dry fire unless it is an older .22 where I know I cant dry fire it.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

I hate that place as far as firearms are concerned. They should do away with them and concentrate on selling soccer balls. A friend of mine went there to get his daughter one of the Rossi combos. He wanted the one in .22/20. He asked the clerk if they had one. He said yes, in the back. He then made him take the stupid card to the front so they could run the check. He paid his three dollars for the check then went to the gun counter. Dude says, "We don't have any of what you wanted, since you already paid for the check, do you want the .410? Fuck that. They suck.
    Jules

(Allegheny County)

Yeah I never heard of that policy. Will have to check with the corporate peeps.

(Pike County)

Should have had some fun..

Ask for the manager, let him do all the paperwork and buy the gun. Then at the counter with the manager take the lock off, and try thr LOP. Then tell him the guns is no good, I want to return this...

I myself dont even bother with Dicks, never have anything I like.. So I dont know if there is a no return policy on firearms. But cant see it being a issue as to gun would never leave the store.

But would be one heck of a way for poetic justice..

Snert..

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast