Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default 80% gets you 10 years in Rhode Island

"Ghost Gun Law", aimed at doing something about gun violence, Democrat-style.

https://patch.com/rhode-island/crans...ode-island-law
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: 80% gets you 10 years in Rhode Island

So... What the hell are the people who own 80% or 3d printed guns supposed to do with them? You can't own or sell them.

-Zach

(Bucks County)

PROVIDENCE, RI * Rhode Island Gov. Gina Raimondo signed a bill into law Tuesday banning untraceable "ghost guns" in the state. A national gun safety organization praised the law, calling it s step forward for the state.

"Ghost guns" lack serial numbers, and are often undetectable by metal detectors because they are 3D printed.

"Today marks a meaningful step forward in our fight to end gun violence in Rhode Island," Raimondo said. "We know that untraceable guns put our community at risk. I'm proud to sign this legislation to help ensure that every gun in our state is registered, traceable, and in the hands of someone who is fit to carry the responsibility of owning a firearm."

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, the co-founder of the Giffords gun violence prevention organization, praised the law. Earlier this year, she met with Raimondo and other state leaders in a round table to discuss solutions to gun violence in the state.

"Governor Raimondo stood up to the gun lobby and put the safety of Rhode Islanders first," Giffords said. "Ghost guns are being used more and more by people who could never pass a background check. She's fixing that, and signing this legislation is a bold step that will better protect communities throughout Rhode Island. Giffords is proud to stand with Gov. Raimondo as she demonstrates the courage needed to end gun violence."

The new law makes it illegal to create, own, sell or buy ghost guns, which includes firearms without serial numbers and any that is made from fiberglass or plastic using a 3D printer. Penalties include up to 10 years in prison and $10,000 in fines. The law goes into effect 30 days from Tuesday.

"Ghost guns, 3-D printed guns and undetectable plastic guns can easily facilitate criminal activity because they totally bypass the safeguards that protect the public," Said Sen. Cynthia Coyne, one of the legislation's sponsors. "Our state laws should be very clear that possessing, creating or selling them is a criminal act, and we should be doing everything we can to keep these dangerous weapons from proliferating here."*

Attorney General Peter Neronha, the Rhode Island State Police, the Rhode Island Police Chiefs Association, the Rhode Island Coalition Against Gun Violence and Rhode Island Moms Demand Action all voiced their support for the legislation.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    So... What the hell are the people who own 80% or 3d printed guns supposed to do with them? You can't own or sell them.

-Zach
    Further, what happens to all those early 1900's .22's without serial numbers? I guess the idea is to really keep kids from learning to enjoy the sport.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post

-Zach
    Too bad, so sad.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

it's for the children... i know i feel safer already.

(Montgomery County)

While I know it's probably not true and one would have to read the unconstitutional legislation's text, the article makes it seem like it's all about not having a serial number. Buy a punch set and add your own..... Problem solved.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Further, what happens to all those early 1900's .22's without serial numbers? I guess the idea is to really keep kids from learning to enjoy the sport.
    Early? Like pre-1968? The 1968 Gun Control Act was the law that required all guns to have serial numbers that were unique.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Any gun with a metal barrel will set off a metal detector, and any gun with a plastic barrel will blow your hand off.

Amazing that the snowflakes keep making these bullshit claims, they get debunked, they stop making them for a few weeks, then they come right back and repeat them again. There's gotta be some unique term for that kind of mental illness. They do it ALL THE TIME, with guns, with Trump, with Reagan, with the banking crisis caused by Congress bullying the banks to lend to people of color who can't pay loans back. An entire political party with Alzheimers. And they vote. Often several times.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    While I know it's probably not true and one would have to read the unconstitutional legislation's text, the article makes it seem like it's all about not having a serial number. Buy a punch set and add your own..... Problem solved.
    Serial # considerations:

*2A
    *FU
    *2AFU1776
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast