Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default I'm running for president...probably not really.

OK, so I learned some things from Obama, Billary, and even Mr. McCain during this past election.
    First, from Ms. Kinton, I learned that even if you are rabidly at odds with the local populace on an issue, if you lie to them in person, they will believe you. I learned this when she was telling everyone how much she likes guns and hunting with her father.
    Second, from Mr. McCain, I learned, well, I learned what not to do in a campaign if you'd like to win. i.e. don't make a reputation for yourself sticking to what you feel is right, only to start reversing yourself. Don't criticize your opponent for lack of experience and choose a running mate with almost none. and DO NOT admit you know nothing about economics leading into a recession.
    And lastly, from Mr. Obama, you must simply tell your audience what they want to hear. If you are in San Diego, talk about the gun nuts in PA. If you are in PA, talk about the economy and healthcare. Get a buzzword and say it over and over and over and over, but it's got to be a really good one. 'No new taxes' doesn't work anymore, and 'change' wont be available until another generation comes along.

I'm thinking 'Power to the People' will be my slogan. I'll tell the poor i'll make them rich (but not how). I'll tell hispanics i'll make thier families citizens. I'll tell middle class I will stop taking from them to pay for services for the poor. and publicly, I'll say i will screw the rich, but behind closed doors I will assure them it will be business as usual. I'll tell the unions that I will expand their power. While campaigning, I'll simply deny any allegations that I said the opposite.

What I'm shooting for is not to win the allegiance of the informed voter, they are a very small minority. What I am shooting for is the reality tv crowd. I need to be popular with them. too busy to fact check or to think about the repercussions of policies. The key is I need to capture them with my slogan, and interest the enough to vote, but not enough to get them looking for truth.

Anybody think I'll win?

I'm not really running for office. this is the strategy that has worked over and over again to put people like Barack Obama in office. How do you counter this?

(Centre County)

Default Re: I'm running for president...probably not really.

By god I think you discovered how to game an election.
    :-)

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by ham385 View Post
    I'm not really running for office. this is the strategy that has worked over and over again to put people like Barack Obama in office. How do you counter this?
    Lot's of Ammo

An Open Carry Activist and 1 of the 3%
    Ed Stephan
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

I get so ingrossed in political debates sometimes that folks tell me I should run for office. I ask them what is most important to them. Then I tell them what my opinion is about that subject. Then I ask them if they would vote for me, based on that one subject. Half the time they disagree with me and tell me they wouldn't vote for me. Then I point out that I would piss too many people off, because the majority of folks "can't handle the truth" to ever get elected.

If I'd run, which I won't. I'd base my campaign off of truth, fiscal responsibility and expansion of personal rights. Those three things right there will guarantee someone to not get elected to public office.

I think that you need a better slogan. Something that means absolutely nothing but will get a mass of people to follow you.

(Lebanon County)

there just might be an opening for you...
    "In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig.
    You dig." -Clint Eastwood

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by SW357 View Post
    there just might be an opening for you...
    That Black SUV outside is nothing to worry about sir..

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Morel42 View Post
    That Black SUV outside is nothing to worry about sir..

I never worry. That's just my GramMam. She loves off-roading, and wanted something to match her Doc Oc RA Blockers. On Thursdays we visit the heliport...
    "In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig.
    You dig." -Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by ham385 View Post
    How do you counter this?
    Simple - end universal suffrage, and require a meaningful constitution test as a qualification to vote in any national election.

If you don't want mediocre government, you can't have mediocre voters.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by BSH View Post
    Simple - end universal suffrage, and require a meaningful constitution test as a qualification to vote in any national election.

If you don't want mediocre government, you can't have mediocre voters.
    Oh man if we could only do that without creating a massive temptation of abuse and an opening into other 1984 like laws..

It's just not a can of worms we can risk opening.. But dang I wish we could..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast