Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default First MWAG Call........maybe?

Well, I think I just got the my first MWAG call.

I decided to take the little man and one of the dogs to the township park to stretch our legs and shoot some hoops. As I was walking out the door the fiance looks down at the G19/fobus holster openly displayed on my hip and says "Aren't you going to cover that thing up?". I assured her that everything would be perfectly fine and we were on our way.

One of the pavillions was being rented out for a party so the park was pretty busy today. I noticed a few double takes as we walked to the basketball court, but no one said anything. We shot around for about 20 mins and by that time my four legged companion was in need of a drink. I turned around to walk to the water fountain and saw a Lower Paxton Twp SUV heading in my direction. I got the dog some water, then the little man and I each got a drink. In that time the LPT PD officer drove past us, turned around, and came to a stop about 20 ft away. He continued to sit there so I looked over and waved. I got a slight nod of recognition in return as he spoke into his radio. Having quenched our thirst we continued on our way to the nature trail and then homeward. On the way home another officer passed us and turned into the park but I didn't see where he went after that.

Nothing really happned, which is how it should be. I did kind of expect at least a talking to considering rule #10 of the park is "No firearms or other weapons allowed", but kuddos to the LPT PD for respecting a law abbiding citizen's rights.

Does this mean I've officially moved over to the dark side?
    Manus Haec Inimica Tyrannis

Default Re: First MWAG Call........maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by HBGMarine View Post
    Well, I think I just got the my first MWAG call.

I decided to take the little man and one of the dogs to the township park to stretch our legs and shoot some hoops. As I was walking out the door the fiance looks down at the G19/fobus holster openly displayed on my hip and says "Aren't you going to cover that thing up?". I assured her that everything would be perfectly fine and we were on our way.

One of the pavillions was being rented out for a party so the park was pretty busy today. I noticed a few double takes as we walked to the basketball court, but no one said anything. We shot around for about 20 mins and by that time my four legged companion was in need of a drink. I turned around to walk to the water fountain and saw a Lower Paxton Twp SUV heading in my direction. I got the dog some water, then the little man and I each got a drink. In that time the LPT PD officer drove past us, turned around, and came to a stop about 20 ft away. He continued to sit there so I looked over and waved. I got a slight nod of recognition in return as he spoke into his radio. Having quenched our thirst we continued on our way to the nature trail and then homeward. On the way home another officer passed us and turned into the park but I didn't see where he went after that.

Nothing really happned, which is how it should be. I did kind of expect at least a talking to considering rule #10 of the park is "No firearms or other weapons allowed", but kuddos to the LPT PD for respecting a law abbiding citizen's rights.

Does this mean I've officially moved over to the dark side?
    Yep.
    Now you are going to ruin it for everyone.........

You might as well get used to that feeling of being watched. If it isn't the police, it will be some other government agency.

(Lehigh County)

OC in public? What's the matter with you? Think of the children.

Incase you didn't pick up on it, the above statement it dripping with sarcasm.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Westmoreland County)

I have a question as I am going to try OC'ing myself soon. If the park rules state that they dont allow firearms/weapons, are we still allowed to open carry? I thought it would be criminal trespass? Thank you ahead of time, just looking for the correct answer.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1911freak View Post
    I have a question as I am going to try OC'ing myself soon. If the park rules state that they dont allow firearms/weapons, are we still allowed to open carry? I thought it would be criminal trespass? Thank you ahead of time, just looking for the correct answer.
    Aww ya beat me to asking that same question. Thanks for asking it.
    Then join in the fight that will give you the right to be free! ~Les Mis

Can you say Jackpot!!!!!

Illegal arrest, is just the start......

(Westmoreland County)

I thought if the owner of the property asks you to not carry your firearm, you have to obide. Please elaborate this for me, I want to be certain. Thank you again.

I thought if the owner of the property asks you to not carry your firearm, you have to obide. Please elaborate this for me, I want to be certain. Thank you again.
    That is Private property rules.

County, boro, township, etc. property, falls under Pre-emption.

It is best to address the issue, before getting cited.
    If it is signed, write to, or talk to the local gov., to try and get the illegal rule/ordinance overturned, revoked, or whatever, first.

(Westmoreland County)

Thank you Fingers, I appreciate your insite. That does make sense. I CC at parks all the time, I pretty much CC from the minute I wake up until I go to bed at nite. Ive been doing that for 18 years since I turned 21. This is a great site and I appreciate all the helpful advice. Take care.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast