Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default You stay classy...Penn State

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/myfox/pag...Y&pageId=3.2.1

PSU Condemns Students Dressed As VA Tech Massacre Victims
    Last Edited: Saturday, 08 Dec 2007, 5:07 PM EST
    Created: Saturday, 08 Dec 2007, 4:12 PM EST
    Photos of Penn State students dressed up for Halloween as victims of the Virginia Tech massacre surfaced online.
    SideBar

Related Items
    Pictures

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. --

Penn State University is condeming recently discovered photos of two Penn State students dressed up as victims of the Virginia Tech massacre for Halloween.

The pictures show the students wearing Virginia Tech shirts covered in bullet holes and fake blood. They recently surfaced on Facebook.com, a social networking site.

The students were not disciplined, but Penn State condemned the actions in a letter sent to Virginia Tech officials.

The letter says Penn State officials are appalled at (quote) "this level of insensitivity and lack of common decency."

A Penn State spokeswoman says the school has identified the students in the photos, but would not release their names. The school says the students will not face university discipline and that punishment would violate their free-speech rights.
    People are sick...I hope they burn in hell for this.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Bucks County)

Default Re: You stay classy...Penn State

Hey, don't blame the school. Blame the retards.

(Susquehanna County)

Just remember these are the future leaders of this country !!!!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Yeah, that is low, however, you wait around long enough and there are jokes about everything.

Holocaust jokes for example, AIDS jokes, etc. I'm not saying anything is right or wrong, just telling it how it is.

(Centre County)

Believe me, right now I am rather upset of what those people did. Its one thing to do something like that in a private party, but posting those pictures on the net is just moronic.

Can't say im very proud of being a Penn Stater right now... Oh well life will move on...

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
    Oh yes, thats how it starts. The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.

(Allegheny County)

This doesn't surprise me one bit. I'm usually up there a couple times a year at least to visit my sister and some of people up there make me wonder...

‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

— James Earl Jones

(Delaware County)

I wonder if they did this out of disrespect or did they do this as a denonstration. If a few penn staters wore V Tech shirts and somehow made it known that they could have been the victims if the massacre happened there, that could possibly be a plus for campus carry.
    I dotn know what they were thinking, but it seems they werent PC, probably just a couple idiots.

(Allegheny County)

See the thing is, we do here what the anti's do to us. A "pair" of nutcases do something stupid and we all condem the thousands of Penn State students and alumni. 2 jackasses did something insensitive and stupid, nothing more to see here.

(Westmoreland County)

Why the fuss?

Is it tasteless, crude and insensitive? Sure but that's what liquored up college students are. I'd like to think I have more taste than to do something like this but I can't say I wouldn't have a few years ago. It's hard for kids to understand the human factor if they haven't experienced something tragic in their own lives. In turn they joke about it since it's a rival. Aren't ghettos and urban crime tragic? Then why aren't people up in arms against racist jokes and humorous stereotypes?

I guess I just don't see this as a National issue. It's sad when we have such a proliferation of information and media and it's only used to sensationalize stupid college pranks. IMHO, it's just more yellow media BS steering toward the drama and away from the National and International realities that affect Americans.

/I joke about AIDS
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Chester County)

Hey, don't blame the school. Blame the retards.
    I second that. PSU shouldn't have to apologize to V-Tech for what a couple of morons did, but I'm glad they didn't try to appease the masses by taking some sort of official disciplinary action. Many may disagree with me, but if anyone here hasn't done something completely abhorrent and insensitive in their past, let them cast the first stone. I don't want to make excuses for these guys, but I'm sure the idea somehow seemed funny to them at some point, and I would hope they got enough sh*t from their friends that they can look back in retrospect and see how asinine it really was. Then again, it's college, so I doubt it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast