Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Is the FN SCAR worth it ??

Is it truly worth spending $3,500 on an FN SCAR? Is the price really justified ?

Default Re: Is the FN SCAR worth it ??

Nope.

Hell no.

(Chester County)

You have to decide whether the price is justified. Go to 8:10 of the video and the Scar16 is discussed, may help.

(Cumberland County)

It'd be worth it if I was shooting it on uncle Sam's dime. But I'm not. I only shoot seldomly.

(Beaver County)

Which SCAR?

It really boils down to what it’s worth to you.
    I have both and I think both are amazing.
    Neither one has ever had an issue and both have had all sorts of shit fed into them.
    A lot of the hate comes from people that never owned one or just don’t get it so to speak.
    They are battle proven rifles used the world over.

For the 17, there really isn’t anything out there like it. Very light. Very modular, ambi, and very accurate.
    I’ve owned AR10s, M1As, and other various 7.62 rifles… I have one left - the SCAR.
    You will see all sorts of decked out scoped out 17s out there but you need to appreciate it for what it is - a light battle rifle.
    Throw on an ACOG or ELCAN and shoot the hell out of it.

For the 16, honestly that a bit tougher. Don’t get me wrong, I really dig my 16 but it always seemed off to me until I had the shorter barrel pin/weld. Looks better, balances better and still accurate as hell.
    Tough as nails and just keeps going and going. Also very accurate, ambi, etc just like the 17.

The Battlefield Vegas video really shows what the platform is capable of.
    Are they perfect, no but nothing really is, now, is it?

As for being worth it, we’ll that’s up to you. I got both of mine way back in the day when they weren’t as expensive.
    I do like that the value keeps going up unlike some run of the mill AR; they probably won’t be getting any cheaper and FN sells every one they make rather quickly so that something I guess.

So after all my ramblings, is the rifle worth it…?
    I’d say if you have other solid ARs, sure, go with it as you’re not going to find SCAR parts as easily… but, after the battlefield Vegas beatings, are you sure you need many spare parts?

Would I sell all my ARs for a SCAR? No.
    Will I be selling my SCARs anytime soon? No.
    They seem to be a pretty decent investment as their value has never dropped below what I paid for them new.

$3500 seems a bit steep for me and honestly I’m not sure I’d pay that much for one these days.
    I’d look into the used market or someone who needs money and is looking to dump one.
    That really only applies to the 17, though, as there really isn’t a lot like it.

In the end, it’s your money and you value things based on your opinion.
    Is a Pokémon card worth $1000? I don’t think so… but I’m not into Pokémon, get it? 😁

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by JSPA View Post
    Which SCAR?

It really boils down to what it*s worth to you.
    I have both and I think both are amazing.
    Neither one has ever had an issue and both have had all sorts of shit fed into them.
    A lot of the hate comes from people that never owned one or just don*t get it so to speak.
    They are battle proven rifles used the world over.

For the 17, there really isn*t anything out there like it. Very light. Very modular, ambi, and very accurate.
    I*ve owned AR10s, M1As, and other various 7.62 rifles* I have one left - the SCAR.
    You will see all sorts of decked out scoped out 17s out there but you need to appreciate it for what it is - a light battle rifle.
    Throw on an ACOG or ELCAN and shoot the hell out of it.

For the 16, honestly that a bit tougher. Don*t get me wrong, I really dig my 16 but it always seemed off to me until I had the shorter barrel pin/weld. Looks better, balances better and still accurate as hell.
    Tough as nails and just keeps going and going. Also very accurate, ambi, etc just like the 17.

The Battlefield Vegas video really shows what the platform is capable of.
    Are they perfect, no but nothing really is, now, is it?

As for being worth it, we*ll that*s up to you. I got both of mine way back in the day when they weren*t as expensive.
    I do like that the value keeps going up unlike some run of the mill AR; they probably won*t be getting any cheaper and FN sells every one they make rather quickly so that something I guess.

So after all my ramblings, is the rifle worth it*?
    I*d say if you have other solid ARs, sure, go with it as you*re not going to find SCAR parts as easily* but, after the battlefield Vegas beatings, are you sure you need many spare parts?

Would I sell all my ARs for a SCAR? No.
    Will I be selling my SCARs anytime soon? No.
    They seem to be a pretty decent investment as their value has never dropped below what I paid for them new.

$3500 seems a bit steep for me and honestly I*m not sure I*d pay that much for one these days.
    I*d look into the used market or someone who needs money and is looking to dump one.
    That really only applies to the 17, though, as there really isn*t a lot like it.

In the end, it*s your money and you value things based on your opinion.
    Is a Pokémon card worth $1000? I don*t think so* but I*m not into Pokémon, get it? **
    Fair post, but we all k IE some guns are just not worth the asking price, period. Sounds like you wouldn*t include the scar in that list.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Fair post, but we all k IE some guns are just not worth the asking price, period. Sounds like you wouldn*t include the scar in that list.
    Oh no,
    honestly I don*t think it*s worth what they*re charging for them these days but that just my opinion and based on the fact I bought both mine for $1000+ less than current prices.
    But then again, it may be worth it to the OP as they aren*t going down in price.

If it*s a cut & dry is the SCAR worth the current asking price then personally, no, I don*t think it*s worth the current cost.
    I have a tendency to ramble so maybe it was just all jumbled in my post. Lolz ��

(Cumberland County)

Yeah I walked into a shop today and they were asking $3500. But maybe if I found one decent for $2000 to $2500. I may hop on it.

(Allegheny County)

It's one of the smoothest, softest shooting semi auto .308 rifles I've ever fired.

Is it worth it? That's up to you. If it's a gun you think you're going to use a lot, or enjoy, I think it would be.

Worth in the end is a personal thing. The SCAR17 probably wouldn't be worth it to me. But it may be to you. My HK Mk23 isn't worth it to others, but it's easily one of my most used firearms.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast