Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default need AK builder in PA

I live in eastern PA on the NJ border, ABE area.
    I'm looking for an AK builder to do some simple work on my ak. I want to change muzzle brakes mine is currently welded on and I need a new one also welded on in its place. I'm also thinking about changing the stock trunuin from a riveted on to one that uses scews to hold it on. Reason for this mod is for a folding stock.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: need AK builder in PA

(Beaver County)

www.unitedarmsonline.com
    Alex is a wiz with AK's

(Lehigh County)

Contact Precision Armaments located outside of Slatington, Pa., Charlie is the owner and he builds complete rifles as well as working on others. I have 3 rifles built by him awesome prices and excellent worksmanship. He is listed in the phone book.

(Carbon County)

does he have a web site or phone number???

(Berks County)

I used google.

Precision Armaments, Inc.
    7141 Route 873
    Slatington, PA 18080
    610-767-9046 (P)
    610-767-9048 (F)
    precarms@ptd.net
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Quote Originally Posted by RJSIXGUN View Post
    I'm looking for an AK builder to do some simple work on my ak. I want to change muzzle brakes mine is currently welded on and I need a new one also welded on in its place. I'm also thinking about changing the stock trunuin from a riveted on to one that uses scews to hold it on. Reason for this mod is for a folding stock.
    For bent receivers contact akreceivers@yahoo.com

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RJSIXGUN View Post
    hold the presses. Trunnions are trunnions. They are not made for rivets vs screws. When you see screws it's because someone just used them instead of going through the work of putting rivets in. You don't need screws for a folding stock. BTW ... rivets are preferable to screws.

What type of folding stock are you trying to use? Also, do you have a Krink or some other type of short barreled AK? If you don't, there is no reason to weld the brake back on.

It's your AK and you can do what ever you want, but I'm just trying to save you some work and maybe some $$$.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

Quote Originally Posted by 73cj5 View Post
    I second Front Line Armory.

Rich has received a lot of praise on PAFOA, and for good reason:

http://forum.pafoa.org/gunsmithing-4...tml#post943090

http://forum.pafoa.org/gun-pictures-...tml#post575825

My daughter firing an MD-63 (Romanian AK variant) he built earlier this year:

Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Union County)

I realize this thread is old. I found this thread a few weeks ago when I did a search looking for a AK builder / gunsmith to fix up my AK that I keep in the barn. Perhaps my experience can help someone else out too.

Long story short, the front sight tower needed replaced on a old AK that I have. Not having the proper tools to do it myself, I contacted Precision Armament which is listed in one of the above posts.

What can I say other than I'm very pleased! Charlie did fast quality work, let me know what's going on with my rifle and was a pleasure to deal with. For the basket case of a rifle that my AK was, Charlie got it back up and running. I received my rifle back from him today, took it out and sighted it in. It's not the prettiest AK, but it's still a very good shooter in the AK world.

If you need quality, reasonably priced gunsmithing, I wouldn't hesitate to call Charlie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast