Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Comcast bans gun, ammo ads

Nation's largest cable company quietly bans gun, ammunition commercials.

LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Gun stores in areas that Comcast Cable serves are looking for new ways to advertise after the cable provider said it would not accept firearm and ammunition commercials.

Comcast (CMCSA), the nation's largest cable-TV company, made the decision last month after it finalized its purchase of media company NBCUniversal, which Adweek magazine said has had a long-standing in place banning those items and fireworks.

STORY: Paper regrets gun ad placement

"Consistent with long-standing NBC policies, Comcast Spotlight has decided it will not accept new advertising for firearms or weapons moving forward," said spokesman Chris Ellis of Comcast's advertising sales division, Comcast Spotlight. Comcast has operations in 39 states and the District

The rest of the story:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...n-ads/2009717/

Default Re: Comcast bans gun, ammo ads

Screw Comcast!!!!!!!!!!!! If you are a customer and have been for over the term of your contract call them. We went to dump them after what seemed like monthly price increases, they offered us new equipment, free HBO and the other premium channels all for 39.95 for 1 year. My question was if they could do this why had they boosted our bill to $155.00 a month.

My solution was to go to Dish which gave me everything C.cast was going to plus when the bargain runs out they are about $50.00 cheaper.

Once again SCREW comcast
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Comcast bans gun, ammo ads

Gun stores advertised? On television?!

If they have the best interest of people's safety they would ban every single alcohol commercial. I mean in everyone of them they are either having an awesome party where everyone is super attractive, or some guy is a complete and utter bad ass that just so happens to drink the beverage that is being sold. Who would want to drink responsibly when it definitely looks like everyone is having such a fabulous time in those commercials?

Oh and diet commercials are even worse. They are essentially scams looking for people with low self esteem to part with their money.