Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Price check: Agency de-issued Glock 22 Gen 3

Local dealer just got in a shipment of agency de-issued Glock 22's Gen 3. They come with three magazines and night sites. They are in excellent, like new condition - you could eat off them they are so clean.

They are in excellent mechanical condition; they lock up tight, and the barrel and internals show nearly zero wear. Dealer wants $399. What is everyone's thoughts on this deal? Too much? Good price?

(Berks County)

Default Re: Price check: Agency de-issued Glock 22 Gen 3

From my experience, most depts get about $270-280 on the trade-in. That's what the dealer paid. So your dealer is making about $100 profit. Usually when I get PD trade-ins, I pay $300, or $325 tops if immaculate condition. I've even paid as low as $275 when my dealer thinks its been sitting on the shelf too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

(Washington County)

Today's market that sounds fair. LE pistols usually don't have high round counts.

I would grab one!
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

(York County)

I'd pay $399. But just me. Pre panic that is what I saw them going for at most places.

(Chester County)

Figure the cost of an extra magazine at $30, night sights $100 installed. So right there you've got $130+- in extras (some would say essential extras) for well under the cost of new. Even if the barrel was shot you could get a new one from LoneWolfDist. for $120 and just about break even. I say buy it!

(Lancaster County)

Grab it and be very happy you were able to.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

I would look at is as I would look at ANY used Glock. Trade in status or figuring out dealer profit really has nothing to do with it. Examine the firearm and figure out if it is worth what the shop is asking. Keep in mind that if the frame, slide and barrel are in good condition, swapping out ALL of the Glock internals is cheap.
    Jules

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by jw34 View Post
    From my experience, most depts get about $270-280 on the trade-in. That's what the dealer paid. So your dealer is making about $100 profit.
    The dealer has a $100 mark-up. Profit comes after he pays his rent, heat, lights, salaries, and benefits.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jw34 View Post
    From my experience, most depts get about $270-280 on the trade-in. That's what the dealer paid. So your dealer is making about $100 profit. Usually when I get PD trade-ins, I pay $300, or $325 tops if immaculate condition. I've even paid as low as $275 when my dealer thinks its been sitting on the shelf too long.
    Doubtful. Chances are pretty good that the dealer purchased from a distributor.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Berks County)

The dealer has a $100 mark-up. Profit comes after he pays his rent, heat, lights, salaries, and benefits.
    Yes. And in all business transactions, it can only help to know who has to pay what and what mark-up is expected. I know that many FFL's like to sell for $50-100 more than their cost(or more with used guns) to cover their overhead and make a few bucks, therefore... I'd expect to pay $100 more than the dealer did. Knowing the dealer cost, allows me to predict what his expected sale price should be. Similar to knowing that a basic, standard sighted Glock product, with few exceptions, costs your average dealer $440 from a distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Doubtful. Chances are pretty good that the dealer purchased from a distributor.
    50/50 chance. Could have got bulk from a distributor, or could have done the trade-ins directly with the department.

I've been on both sides of the counter for this type of transaction.
    He's allowed because he's special.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast