Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default What you think of this?

This is a little old, but I just thought about posting it on here...
    I worked under this guy for 2 years, an seemed to be a pretty nice dude. But his appearence wasnt so pretty. An he did drink a bit, but I dont think he would try to kill LEO. An he was shot 3 times in the torso, through the door of the vehicle. His babys mom told me that, I see know reason for her to lie. So if he was trying to run them over. Why would there be bullet holes in the door?

So what you think about these two articals:

A Carlisle man who was shot and wounded by state troopers last week after he was accused of fleeing a sobriety stop was identified Friday as Joshua M. Grimes, state police said.

Grimes, 27, of the 500 block of Opossum Lake Road, remains in critical condition at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, police said.

Grimes was shot Saturday night after a 11-mile chase when he tried to back his vehicle over a trooper, police said.

Grimes was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer, resisting arrest, aggravated assault, simple assault, reckless endangerment and traffic violations.

Two troopers fired their pistols, Cumberland County District Attorney David J. Freed said. Grimes was shot once, police said.

The officers involved in the shooting, who have not been identified, have been placed on administrative duty while the matter is investigated, a standard practice after such incidents, Trooper Edward S. Asbury, a state police spokesman, said.

----------------------------
    A later report
    ----------------------------

The lawyer for a Cumberland County man who was shot by state police said today that his client wasn't trying to harm the troopers who shot him.

Joshua Grimes, 27, of Lower Frankford Township, didn't know the officers were behind his truck as he backed up after an alleged chase on Nov. 30, attorney Tim Barrouk said.

Police said the troopers fired because they believed Grimes was trying to run them down.

District Attorney David Freed, who ruled the shooting justified, said evidence indicates Grimes did intend to harm the officers.

Grimes is in county prison in lieu of $100,000 bail, awaiting trial on charges including aggravated assault.

(Perry County)

Default Re: What you think of this?

I expect that there were mutliple Troopers on the scene. Sobriety checkpoint and an eleven mile chase would indicate that a lot of manpower was at hand. Multiple Troopers around the car and he starts backing toward some of them. Others that have a shot will take it. He may not be a "bad guy" but he did threaten the lives of officers after a chase. As such, the same standards would apply to their actions as anyone elses. Were the Troopers that fired in fear for their lives or the lives of other officers or citizens? They fired to stop the action of the aggressor.

I will put the disclaimer here that I was not present and have no inside information. Only what I have read in the paper or seen on the news.

(Adams County)

I probably would have thought and reacted like the troopers, to be honest.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Bucks County)

This is totally off topic but I have to do it.

40 Cal,
    What's with the Crip colors? I think your avatar and sig banner are completely inappropriate on PAFOA.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post

40 Cal,
    What's with the Crip colors? I think your avatar and sig banner are completely inappropriate on PAFOA.
    You may just be reading too much into things.

Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post
    I probably would have thought and reacted like the troopers, to be honest.

camper
    +1 on that...you gotta figure any serious movement of the vehicle in the direction of a trooper by a possible DUI after an 11 mile pursuit=bang bang. Unless you're not thinking right because you're drunk...

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post

40 Cal,
    Inappropriate how? Because of a bandana theme?, an text to match? Im sorry I agree with P-11 shooter, You read to much into things. I honestly dont care what you think...

I like blue, an the bandana theme I tend to like. I made it myself, I use that bandanna as a gun rag nuthing more.
    Would you stop trolling me if the bandana was white/black/red/green an my name user name was Colt?

Now back to the post...

I know I would have reacted the same way also if I was the LEO, But I wish they would have gave more info. about this all. I looked an could not find nuthing else. An its sad he just had a newborn baby a month or so before all this. I worked with him as my boss at a landscaping Co. for 2 years. This just puzzled me a little bit. If you are right an there were officers around the car it would make sense. But nothing indicated that in the report...

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

I would imagine there were several cruisers at the scene offering multiple angles of video to show whether or not he was reversing toward the officers and if he was doing so quickly enough to warrant being shot.

If he was inching backward this is just over reaction due to adreneline. If he was reversing at any rate of speed good shoot.

Moral of the story? Don't drive drunk and if you get caught driving drunk man up and take the lump don't try to run.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 40 cal View Post
    Inappropriate how? Because of a bandana theme?, an text to match? Im sorry I agree with P-11 shooter, You read to much into things. I honestly dont care what you think...

I like blue, an the bandana theme I tend to like. I made it myself, I use that bandanna as a gun rag nuthing more.
    Would you stop trolling me if the bandana was white/black/red/green an my name user name was Colt?

Now back to the post...
    Kind of how like you gave someone negative rep and made a post about them when they said they'd play a video game you disapprove of?

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Game View Post
    Kind of how like you gave someone negative rep and made a post about them when they said they'd play a video game you disapprove of?
    A video game about stalking an raping someone, is not the same as a theme that has no uses other then on this forum. If you want to play a game like that an simulate raping women go for it. I think it is horribly wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast