Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Mossberg 600AT

Default Mossberg 600AT

I just purchased a Mossberg 600AT for my son, it is his first for quail, dove and turkey. I have never heard of the 600AT and I can't find anything on the weapon, except that it is interchangeable with the 500.
    Does anyone know when this weapon was made? Where can I get parts for it? Is is a good weapon for my son's first? I didn't want to purchase him a Remington 1300 or anything that has a wood stock and have him beat the crap out of it. I also don't want him to get hurt. What should I look for when I pick it up. I purchased it from a gun show and they had the action locked and would not open it for me. The weapon looks decient but you never know.

Default Re: Mossberg 600AT

Quote Originally Posted by madodoge68 View Post
    I just purchased a Mossberg 600AT for my son, it is his first for quail, dove and turkey. I have never heard of the 600AT and I can't find anything on the weapon, except that it is interchangeable with the 500.
    Does anyone know when this weapon was made? Where can I get parts for it? Is is a good weapon for my son's first? I didn't want to purchase him a Remington 1300 or anything that has a wood stock and have him beat the crap out of it. I also don't want him to get hurt. What should I look for when I pick it up. I purchased it from a gun show and they had the action locked and would not open it for me. The weapon looks decient but you never know.

Welcome aboard!! I think you may want to put this in the Firearm's section, prolly get more replies. This section is for forum help issues and such
    Courage is not the absence of fear but the mastery of it