Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Which glock best for cc

I am trying to decide between the Glock modle 26 compact and the 19sub compact. Has anyone carried any of these two. Just curious what others thought

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Which glock best for cc

I like the g19 much better. It is a little bigger but by no means is it hard to cc in an iwb holster. For me, the g26's grip was just too small / short. I sold my g26 and bought second g19.

(Berks County)

Did you notice muh difference is the shooting of the two besides being too small

(Bucks County)

Doesn't really directly answer your question, but the answer is always going to be "whatever feels best for you". I carry my full size g17 in a paddle holster, often with a kel-tec p3at as backup (ankle or pocket), or my xd sc 9mm by itself IWB if I need to conceal more, or the p3at by itself if I'm with my kids and don't want to piss off the wife.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    I like the g19 much better. It is a little bigger but by no means is it hard to cc in an iwb holster. For me, the g26's grip was just too small / short. I sold my g26 and bought second g19.
    Saved me from having to type it.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 308man View Post
    Did you notice muh difference is the shooting of the two besides being too small

Yes, the g19 is a much better shooter. It could have been and probably was me and not the gun---but like a said, i hated the g26 from the first day i shot it. I should have given one a test drive before i plunked down the cash---but, live and learn.

Also, i found it harder to draw and get a good grip on the g26 from the iwb holster too because the grip was shorter. The g19 just feels more natural to me.

I have the 26...the previous owner put grip extensions on the mags...when you put the 19 and the 26 next to each other, it's barely an inch difference from the top of the slide to the bottom-most part. The slide is about the same length shorter...and the weight difference (to me) is small.

If I could only have one - I'd go with the 19. If you must have a Glock, and the smallest one you can find, go with the 26. I notice no difference shooting either...

Quote Originally Posted by 308man View Post
    I am trying to decide between the Glock modle 26 compact and the 19sub compact. Has anyone carried any of these two. Just curious what others thought
    Just so you know, the 26 is the subcompact and the 19 is the compact. If you can, shoot both models first. I have a 19c that I love and would carry more but it's hard to compete with a 10.8 ounce 342PD.

(Delaware County)

I carry a Glock 26 in a Comp-Tac 2 O'clock holster. I've taken several training classes with that setup and several people commented that it is simply invisible and that's with nothing more than a T-shirt.

Once you learn how to grip the gun it is pretty easy to shoot; just tuck your pinky finger under the magazine. I probably have about ten thousand rounds through mine and I can shoot a fist sized group at 12 yards. So it is definitely a good gun, as is the Glock 19.

(York County)

Well, I have ever owned 1 glock and it was a G36 in 45acp. I loved it, was accurate, concealed well and lets not forget......I had to carry a .45, I'm a real man, so no 9mm's for me......LOL J/K.

I would reccomend trying to find someone who owns either one of the guns you mentioned and give them a try. Like has ben said here, it really, I mean really sucks to slap down cash for a gun, head to the range and hate the gun. Then you lose, what 30% on trade-in to try and find something else?

Good luck in your search, carry often, carry safe.

Dave W.
    3%

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast