Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CMP north store..

Has anyone ever gone to the CMP store on Camp Perry to buy a rifle/ammo? Whats the process, and do they accept all forms of payment?(cash,check,charge,ect ect)

Thanks for the help in advance.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: CMP north store..

I went there a year ago. I bought some ammo and a muzzle gauge. I seem to recall you have to be resistered there. But since I bought some M1's a few years before, they said I was already in the system. Or something along those lines. To get "in the system" you need show proof of being a member of a CMP affiliated club, or VFW and I think something else. From a CMP affiliated club will give you a paper that says you have participated in a cmp program. You only need to do that once. I had used a credit card, visa I believe. It was about a 3.5 hour trip, one way, from pgh. On there website should also give you instructions on how to purchase also.

Quote Originally Posted by roland View Post
    I went there a year ago. I bought some ammo and a muzzle gauge. I seem to recall you have to be resistered there. But since I bought some M1's a few years before, they said I was already in the system. Or something along those lines. To get "in the system" you need show proof of being a member of a CMP affiliated club, or VFW and I think something else. From a CMP affiliated club will give you a paper that says you have participated in a cmp program. You only need to do that once. I had used a credit card, visa I believe. It was about a 3.5 hour trip, one way, from pgh. On there website should also give you instructions on how to purchase also.
    The requirements i'm sure are the same, but I am now a tad curious as to if you already need to be on file with them to go, or if coming with all of your paperwork is good enough.

(Lebanon County)

Rules change over time, if you want to be sure, give them a call. You can get the number on www.odcmp.org

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    The requirements i'm sure are the same, but I am now a tad curious as to if you already need to be on file with them to go, or if coming with all of your paperwork is good enough.

I'd say just give them a call and ask. I think if you showed up with your paperwork that would be just as good. But I'd call before making the trip though. Also, they do accept cash.

(Chester County)

When I went, I just brought all my paperwork with me. Look on their website for the requirements and just bring them with you. I'm pretty sure you can even join the Garand collector's club right there in the store to fulfill that requirement.

Say hi to Pee-Wee at the North Store for me if you go. The last time I was there, he asked me where I parked my camel. Given my response, I think he'll remember me.

(Butler County)

Contact them too make sure you're good to go, then take lots and lots of money. Plastic is even better. I'm still mad for not getting a O3A3 when they were $400.00 Now they're all gone.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    Say hi to Pee-Wee at the North Store for me if you go. The last time I was there, he asked me where I parked my camel. Given my response, I think he'll remember me.
    ROFL

I think it's funny he said that (my sense of humor is 2nd grade)

I think it's funny he said that to YOU (bad choice on his part)

And please don't tell me your response - my imagination is running wild and that’s probably better than the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    ROFL

I think it's funny he said that (my sense of humor is 2nd grade)

I think it's funny he said that to YOU (bad choice on his part)

And please don't tell me your response - my imagination is running wild and that’s probably better than the reality.
    King, I have a lousy imagination, or is it that I'm not minding my own business?.....either way, whatdidyasay?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast