Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,409221,00.html

Good! GO HOME, if you want to come back try doing it LEGALLY next time.

I love the article pointing out that this may lower wages and tax the social services of Mexico... uhhh Yeah no shit! We even have numbers already researched that say it will! Have fun Mexico!
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Default Re: Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,409221,00.html

Good! GO HOME, if you want to come back try doing it LEGALLY next time.

I love the article pointing out that this may lower wages and tax the social services of Mexico... uhhh Yeah no shit! We even have numbers already researched that say it will! Have fun Mexico!
    Good find! I'm glad they're going back to their country.

This should be interesting:

But reports are already out in Mexico that the large number of illegal immigrants returning home could drive down wages and put pressure on social services — the same concerns many Americans have with illegals living and working in the U.S.
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Philadelphia County)

To look at it from another perspective.. I think its sad that people are not wanting to live and work in this country anymore.

It used to be that they'd risk their lives to come here.. what does it say about us when that stops?
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Lebanon County)

It used to be that they'd risk their lives to come here.. what does it say about us when that stops?
    Well, maybe it says we're going to have less illegals here? Sorry. I'm anti-illegals. I mean, illegal MEANS illegal. Opposite of LEGAL. I believe I read somewhere once that there is a cap on how many immigrants they allow into the country every year. Ok, fine. I mean, we don't have unlimited space here so that sounds reasonable. Well then we have politicians who come along and want this "path to citizenship for illegals". ARE YA KIDDING ME? Soooooo they should just get to cut in front of all those who have been waiting in line because WHY exactly? They should be REWARDED for doing something illegal? Just WTF kind of message is THAT sending? Oh yeah, do it illegal, it's easier. Do you know what it takes to become a citizen here? Perhaps you do? Honestly, I know a little about it and hear it's not very easy and costs quite a bit of money if you are not able to understand and fill out all the forms etc yourself. But hey, let's just allow the guy with the pack of cheese to get in front of everyone else...without even asking. Ok. Sorry....got off topic. I say it's just FINE to have fewer illegals...if people want to come here then DO IT LEGALLY!
    Last edited by shefearsnothing; August 24th, 2008 at 08:42 AM.

(Butler County)

How to become a U.S. citizen

Whether you will find it easy or hard to become a U.S. citizen will depend on too many factors to discuss in this short article, but I will discuss eligibility requirements, age, disability, and relatively new laws governing children born to U.S. citizen parents overseas.
    There are only two ways to become a U.S. citizen: either by law, or by birth.
    If you are a citizen by birth, no action on your part is generally required (for example, if you were born in a state or territory of the United States), unless you were born to a U.S. citizen parent overseas, and your birth was not recorded as a U.S. citizen birth at a U.S. consulate overseas.
    If you are not, then you will probably seek to become one by naturalization, an administrative process that requires you to take some action and which is strictly governed by the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).
    Generally -- very generally -- you may not be naturalized unless you:

1. Are at least 18 years old and a lawful permanent resident ("green card" holder);
    2. Have resided continuously in the United States, having been lawfully admitted for permanent residence, for five years immediately preceding the date you filed your application for naturalization, or
    3. Have, after having been removed from conditional permanent resident status, based upon your marriage to a U.S. citizen, having resided in the United States for one year after the date the condition was removed;
    4. Have resided continuously in the United States at all times after your application to the time and date of your admission for citizenship;
    5. Have, during all periods of time referred to above, been and still are a person of good moral character;
    6. Have no outstanding deportation or removal order and no pending deportation or removal proceeding;
    7. Have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand simple words and phrases in English;
    8. Have knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of U.S. history and government;
    9. Are attached to, and can support, the principles of the U.S. Constitution and can swear allegiance to the United States.

You can maintain "continuous presence" in the United States and preserve your permanent resident status by not remaining outside the United States for more than one year, or by obtaining advance approval from Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for your absence by filing Form N-470 with CIS before leaving. A break in residence of more than one year, without advance approval of Form N-470, means you must start your five-year term of physical presence in the United States again.
    Minors with at least one U.S. citizen parent may be naturalized upon the application of the U.S. citizen parent. INA § 322, 8 U.S.C. § 1433. This includes adopted children.
    You may file your application for citizenship (CIS Form N-400, please see our "Forms Download" page on our main web site page near the bottom) up to three months before you meet the residence eligibility requirements referred to above.
    You may be found not to possess “good moral character” if you were convicted of murder, an “aggravated felony,” as defined by federal immigration law, a crime of “moral turpitude,” a controlled substance crime (but not for simple possession of 30 grams or less of marijuana), if you gave false testimony to obtain immigration benefits, failed to provide child support, committed adultery or were involved in prostitution, or failed to register for Selective Service if you are between the ages of 18 and 25. CIS has paid greater attention to the offense of driving under the influence of alcohol or other substances, particularly to multiple offense by the same applicant where the latest offense is considered a felony by state law, and is scrutinizing domestic violence or spousal abuse cases very carefully. This is certainly not meant to be an exhaustive list of things that can cause problems with the naturalization processes of CIS.
    You will be required to take a literacy test to assess your knowledge of the English language, unless you are:

1. Unable to comply due to a documented disability;
    2. Are more than 50 years old and have lived in the United States for 20 years or more as a permanent resident alien;
    3. Are more than 55 years old and have lived in the United States for 15 years or more as a permanent resident alien.

You will be required to take a test of your knowledge of U.S. history and government unless you are:

1. Unable to comply due to a documented disability;
    2. Are 65 years old or older and have been a permanent resident alien for more than 20 years.

If you fail the tests, you will be given a second opportunity to pass the tests within 90 days.
    CIS officers are required to make a decision concerning your naturalization within 120 days after your interview, or the examiner may ask you to sign a waiver of this requirement. Most will. If your application is denied, you may appeal to another CIS officer within the same district office. The new CIS officer will have 180 days from the date of the filing of your appeal to make a decision. If you application is again denied, or if there is no decision within the 180 days, you may seek review of the officer’s decision in U.S. district court where you live. You may also seek review in federal court if you did not waive the 120-day rule, and CIS does not make a decision within 120 days.

#7 IMO This is one reason to not become legal. It used to be that if you wanted to become an American, you tried you best to learn the language. Now, they want you press 1 for English in my own country. Bull s**t. Go over to a European country, say France, and tell it's citizens that they have to press 1 for French and see how well that goes over.

#8 They have knowledge all right, knowledge of how to use the system.

I have no problem with people wanting to make America their home. But I have to agree with SFN, do it legally and be an assent to the melting pot instead of draining it. We have a finite number of resources and they should not be squandered on illegals.

I am glad they are going but illegals should'nt be leaving. They shoud be getting thrown out. If there are fewer illegals willing to work for far less than americans then maybe our pay rates would not drop like they are. My boss has threatened to fire everyone and just hire a bunch of mexicans for half the money to improve his bottom line. It is very frustrating because the trade industries like painters(like me), dyrwallers, stucco men and numerous others are not paying people what they are worth. They are paying based on what the next company pays usiing illegals. My boss may pay a few dollars more but if anyone complaines or asks for a raise he just says we can always go work for ABC painting.

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Butler County)

This is an e-mail I received a while back.

HARSH? NO WAY..

1. There will be NO special bilingual programs in the schools, NO special ballots for elections, and all government business will be conducted in our language.

2. Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote, no matter how long they are here.

3. Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold political office.

4. Foreigners will NOT be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, NO food stamps, NO health care, or any other government assistance programs.

5. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

6. If foreigners do come and want to buy land that will be okay, BUT options will be restricted. You are NOT allowed to own waterfront property. That property is reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.

7. Foreigners may NOT protest; NO demonstrations, NO waving a foreign flag, NO political organizing, NO "bad-mouthing" our president or his policies. If you do you will be sent home.

8. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be hunted down and sent straight to jail.

Harsh, you say ?

The above laws happen to be the immigration laws of, MEXICO !

PASS THIS ON!!! The Mexican politicians are smarter than our politicians!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    Well, maybe it says we're going to have less illegals here? Sorry. I'm anti-illegals. I mean, illegal MEANS illegal. Opposite of LEGAL.
    I personally rather not pass judgment on people based on a wide-stroke law. Mankind has committed its most horrific acts under the guise of law (and wide-stroke law at that!). In my experience, there are good and bad individuals.

I believe I read somewhere once that there is a cap on how many immigrants they allow into the country every year. Ok, fine. I mean, we don't have unlimited space here so that sounds reasonable.
    First of all, I can drive about 30 minutes outside of Philadelphia and find humongous amounts of empty space. You live in Harrisburgh area, I was there last weekend. All I saw along the way was undeveloped land. If you head towards the middle of the country, the amount of empty space is staggering. So that argument has no merit whatsoever. As far as a cap, I can sort of understand, but once you start to analyze it, you do not want a tight grip on immigration. I will let one of the smartest and most successful man in the planet give his opinion..

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gates
    Washington, DC (AHN) - The chairman of Microsoft, Bill Gates, spoke against the restrictive U.S. immigration policies before the Senate committee on health, education, labor and pensions. He cautioned that the restrictions on the number of skilled workers allowed to enter the country were "driving away the world's best and brightest precisely when we need them most."He went on to add that the trend will place the nation's competitiveness in jeopardy.The US technology industry is suffering from a lack of skilled workers even though demand for them is increasing.
    What the hell? We are turning away Chinese/Indian/European engineers and doctors, but instead, we have a Green Card Lottery in Eastern Europe??
    LOL, we welcome Borat, but deny Sacha Baron Cohen!

Well then we have politicians who come along and want this "path to citizenship for illegals". ARE YA KIDDING ME? Soooooo they should just get to cut in front of all those who have been waiting in line because WHY exactly? They should be REWARDED for doing something illegal? Just WTF kind of message is THAT sending?
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't. You don't want illegals, but you don't want those illegals to go through the process of becoming legal either.

Oh yeah, do it illegal, it's easier.
    So if you all have to do is fill out some paperwork and pay some money, why are people rafting shark infested waters and crossing the dessert instead?

Do you know what it takes to become a citizen here? Perhaps you do?
    Yes, I most certainly do. My family was transferred here when I was 14. Word on the street is that my dad's job paid a quarter of a million dollars to have our paperwork ready in one month's time.

Honestly, I know a little about it and hear it's not very easy and costs quite a bit of money if you are not able to understand and fill out all the forms etc yourself.
    I'd say that the most complicated thing, outside of IRS Law & Code are immigration papers. Its extremely lengthy and expensive process, and if you mess up along the way, its basically back to square one.

But hey, let's just allow the guy with the pack of cheese to get in front of everyone else...without even asking. Ok. Sorry....got off topic. I say it's just FINE to have fewer illegals...if people want to come here then DO IT LEGALLY!
    I can completely understand your emotional argument on the topic, but besides that, do you have any other reasons for your opinion?
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimba View Post
    The above laws happen to be the immigration laws of, MEXICO !

PASS THIS ON!!! The Mexican politicians are smarter than our politicians!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YaY!! Mexico is a fascist oppressive shit-hole, lets be more like them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimba View Post
    Harsh, you say ?
    Harsh... no. Stupid... Yes.
    ==============
    ~Samuel Adams

~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast