Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default LEVERevolution Ammo?

Has anyone used the new Hornady "LEVERevolution" ammo on game?
    How did it perform? What do you think of it?

Default Re: LEVERevolution Ammo?

I've used it for two seasons in .30-30
    It seemed to knock the deer down well, but I haven't shot anything yet far enough to say how it will do at 200yds.

As far as flight path:
    I was about 4-5" high at 100yds from typical soft point ammo. I found that incredible. I think the .30-30 had the best performance gain though.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Bucks County)

I'm going to try it in my .450 Marlin this year. I doubt I'll have any issues with stopping power on deer.

I was real impressed with the accuracy once I got it sighted in. Although recoil was still extreme, it seemed to have less recoil than other .450 ammo I've tried.

(Erie County)

I've been eyeing one of Marlin's new .308 Express Lever actions using this ammo line.

Well eyeing might not be sufficient, drooling would be a better word. Only thing stopping me is worry that it might not last as a cartridge and then I'd be stuck with hard to get ammo.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteJack View Post
    I've been eyeing one of Marlin's new .308 Express Lever actions using this ammo line.

Well eyeing might not be sufficient, drooling would be a better word. Only thing stopping me is worry that it might not last as a cartridge and then I'd be stuck with hard to get ammo.
    I have also heard that Hornady will not make the LEVERevolution bullets available to reloaders either, so if the .308 Marlin Express tanks, you're super screwed.

The concept of the bullet is strong and it seems a lot of people have bought into it though. I think the .308 Marlin Express ammo will go away before the LEVERevolution bullet does.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Karys View Post
    I have also heard that Hornady will not make the LEVERevolution bullets available to reloaders either, so if the .308 Marlin Express tanks, you're super screwed.

The concept of the bullet is strong and it seems a lot of people have bought into it though. I think the .308 Marlin Express ammo will go away before the LEVERevolution bullet does.
    Great. I already own a Remington 5mm rimfire rifle and have only a half box of ammo left for it. Haven't seen a box for sale in years. Presently the ammo I have is likely worth more than the rifle. I know about the Craig conversion but it isn't worth it.

(Montgomery County)

The 45-70 ammo shoots tight groups in my Marlin 1895 XLR and performed well on a black bear earlier this year in Maine. The bear only went 8yds after the bullet did a complete pass thru.

I'm also getting tight groups with the 35 Rem. bullet in an older Remington 760. I hope to find out how well this bullet performs on deer in a few weeks.

JB

(Perry County)

Oh man I used the .35 Remington LeverEvolution ammo and I gotta tell ya it makes me giddy. I can now put 200 grains on a target beyond 100yds. I haven't made that shot in the woods yet. I took deer last year at 20 and 45 approx., but I've put holes in paper at 200 yards without a significant loss in performance. I love it.

Terminal damage was damn good on the deer I shot. They probably went 20-30 yds before going down. Really good performance. I won't go back to core-lokt ammo.
    Last edited by Buckmark.35; November 2nd, 2007 at 12:33 PM.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    As far as flight path:
    I was about 4-5" high at 100yds from typical soft point ammo. I found that incredible. I think the .30-30 had the best performance gain though.
    I noticed the same thing when I first tried it in my .35 Rem. I couldn't believe the difference. I thought my scope had gotten screwed up.. ha.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by JLBIII View Post
    I'm also getting tight groups with the 35 Rem. bullet in an older Remington 760. I hope to find out how well this bullet performs on deer in a few weeks.
    JB
    IS .35 Rem normally chambered in tube magazine lever guns? Is there a lack of pointed rounds available? Is that the reason for better performance?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast