Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Where near Philly to get Fingerprints Done for FL CCW

My non-resident FL CCW is up for renewal and apparently they need fingerprints again on renewal. Five years ago I got them done by the Montco Sheriff who no longer does them. Forget Philly.

Anybody know any friendly departments/sheriffs near Philly to get an ink fingerprint card done?

I also understand FL now does electronic prints for in-state. Anyone know if they also do this out of state and if there is a place I can get them done and electronically transferred? If not, anyone who will do the ink method is fine. Since this is only once every 5 years I don't mind driving a bit as I know how anti-gun the Philly area can be and I have heard police departments have really curtailed civilian requests for prints.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Where near Philly to get Fingerprints Done for FL CCW

Quote Originally Posted by tmg19103 View Post
    Anybody know any friendly departments/sheriffs near Philly to get an ink fingerprint card done?
    Horsham PD does them a few hours a week. Call ahead.

(Indiana County)

State police stations should do them.. I really think the state police are your best bet when getting finger print cards done. They are also less likely to screw them up.
    Last edited by mjf; March 10th, 2008 at 03:33 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks for the replies! Any more thoughts? I'll give Horsham I try if need be. IIRC, five years ago the Belmont Barracks of the state police in Philly would not do them. I get out to Springfield (Delco) a bit. I'll call the Lima Barracks. Anybody know if the Delco Sheriff would do them? I'll give them a call too, but thanks for the Horsham info if I need it. I'm closer to southern Montco and Delaware County due to my job if anybody knows anybody around there.

Thanks!

(Philadelphia County)

My non-resident FL CCW is up for renewal and apparently they need fingerprints again on renewal. Five years ago I got them done by the Montco Sheriff who no longer does them. Forget Philly.

I also understand FL now does electronic prints for in-state. Anyone know if they also do this out of state and if there is a place I can get them done and electronically transferred? If not, anyone who will do the ink method is fine. Since this is only once every 5 years I don't mind driving a bit as I know how anti-gun the Philly area can be and I have heard police departments have really curtailed civilian requests for prints.
    Just out of curiosity, why do you need a FL non-res CCW? PA LTCF is valid in FL right? I used to live in FL so really I'm just wondering...

Oh, and Bucks County Sherrif's in Doylestown has a pretty friendly staff.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." ~ Thomas Jefferson, 1787.
    _
    Sig P226 .40

(Delaware County)

Thanks for the replies! Any more thoughts? I'll give Horsham I try if need be. IIRC, five years ago the Belmont Barracks of the state police in Philly would not do them. I get out to Springfield (Delco) a bit. I'll call the Lima Barracks. Anybody know if the Delco Sheriff would do them? I'll give them a call too, but thanks for the Horsham info if I need it. I'm closer to southern Montco and Delaware County due to my job if anybody knows anybody around there.

Thanks!
    I had a hard time getting the prints for my Utah permit, the Lima barracks & Delco sheriff were unwilling for an out of state gun permit. I ended up going to the Chester County Sheriff in West Chester, no problems, open Mon thru Fri same hours as the court house, plus they did the photo I needed too.

Bill

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Gunner View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why do you need a FL non-res CCW? PA LTCF is valid in FL right? I used to live in FL so really I'm just wondering...

Oh, and Bucks County Sherrif's in Doylestown has a pretty friendly staff.
    Florida and Utah non resident licenses are popular because of the Reciprocity each state has. The PA LTCF is adding more states all the time, however I travel to Delaware a lot and PA and Del do not have an agreement, but FL & UT do have reciprocity with Delaware, so I got the UT permit so I can carry in Del. (the UT permit is much less costly) So between my UT permit and my PA LTCF I can carry in roughly 35 states.

Bill

(Philadelphia County)

Thumbs up Re: Where near Philly to get Fingerprints Done for FL CCW

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Florida and Utah non resident licenses are popular because of the Reciprocity each state has. The PA LTCF is adding more states all the time, however I travel to Delaware a lot and PA and Del do not have an agreement, but FL & UT do have reciprocity with Delaware, so I got the UT permit so I can carry in Del. (the UT permit is much less costly) So between my UT permit and my PA LTCF I can carry in roughly 35 states.

Bill
    That makes perfect sense.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." ~ Thomas Jefferson, 1787.
    _
    Sig P226 .40

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Gunner View Post
    That makes perfect sense.
    I also consider it a privacy issue. While PA illegally (in my mind) keeps records of handgun purchases, I prefer to keep my firearm ownership and legal carry as private as possible in regards to the government. I apply for a PA CCW and I'm in a database in PA. With my FL CCW I am only in a FL database. FL CCW, as said, covers more than twice as many states as PA as well as Delaware, which a PA CCW does not cover.

(Susquehanna County)

I also consider it a privacy issue. While PA illegally (in my mind) keeps records of handgun purchases, I prefer to keep my firearm ownership and legal carry as private as possible in regards to the government. I apply for a PA CCW and I'm in a database in PA. With my FL CCW I am only in a FL database. FL CCW, as said, covers more than twice as many states as PA as well as Delaware, which a PA CCW does not cover.

You still need your PA LTCF to get the FL permit.

DC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast