Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default PA laws, question about "protesters" who are griefing on the sidewalk

As some of you know, I'm a furry. There are a groups around the web formed by people who have no life which live in their mom's basement which grief furry sites and gathering areas. Specifically one of the gathering areas is the David L. Lawrence Convention Center located in Pittsburgh.

Does anyone know if there is a law against vulgar signs protesting or trying to cause a disturbance? They aren't trying to protest against anything really, except the people at the convention center. One was griefing last year with a sign which said, "Yiff in hell fur fags." while holding up this sign which is a picture of a black guy with an afro.

note: I should note, PN stands for Patriotic Nigras... yeah.... not funny, esp when they're white.

Are there any laws which cover a disturbance like this which the police could arrest or tell the person to leave?

The following is a video on youtube.
    Anthrocon 07' "Protest"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjumJSel2Ko

PN getting rained on
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=YvVk9jn-vN0

A response to the above video
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=rL98cPRPzRU

Who the hell buys a plane ticket JUST to grief a convention? o.0

Based on what is read here, can a LEO or convention goer do anything legal about these people?

(Indiana County)

Default Re: PA laws, question about "protesters" who are griefing on the sidewalk

Quote Originally Posted by gunperson003 View Post
    As some of you know, I'm a furry. There are a groups around the web formed by people who have no life which live in their mom's basement which grief furry sites and gathering areas. Specifically one of the gathering areas is the David L. Lawrence Convention Center located in Pittsburgh.

Does anyone know if there is a law against vulgar signs protesting or trying to cause a disturbance? They aren't trying to protest against anything really, except the people at the convention center. One was griefing last year with a sign which said, "Yiff in hell fur fags." while holding up this sign which is a picture of a black guy with an afro.

note: I should note, PN stands for Patriotic Nigras... yeah.... not funny, esp when they're white.

Are there any laws which cover a disturbance like this which the police could arrest or tell the person to leave?

The following is a video on youtube.
    Anthrocon 07' "Protest"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjumJSel2Ko

PN getting rained on
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=YvVk9jn-vN0

A response to the above video
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=rL98cPRPzRU

Who the hell buys a plane ticket JUST to grief a convention? o.0

Based on what is read here, can a LEO or convention goer do anything legal about these people?
    A) you got griefed by Anonymous, the populace of 4chan and its ilk. "nigras" and "/b/rothas" are what they refer to themselves as.

B) No, freedom of speech applies to them as well as you.

(ugh, hell of a first post here.)

Edit: And furries aren't their only targets. see: scientology

Default Re: PA laws, question about "protesters" who are griefing on the sidewalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mxyzptlk View Post
    A) you got griefed by Anonymous, the populace of 4chan and its ilk. "nigras" and "/b/rothas" are what they refer to themselves as.

B) No, freedom of speech applies to them as well as you.

(ugh, hell of a first post here.)

Edit: And furries aren't their only targets. see: scientology
    Yeah.. I know the post is a bit shocking...

Well, I could have sworn name calling is harassment. Isn't this covered in PA law? If I called LEOs and told them I felt like I was being harassed, would they do anything about them?

(Allegheny County)

Does anyone know if there is a law against vulgar signs protesting or trying to cause a disturbance? ...

Mxyzptlk got it right. Signs that are merely vulgar are constitutionally protected free speech. The protesters have the right to peaceably assemble and protest. Unless they engage in violence or block your free movement, etc., their actions are almost certainly lawful.

Well, I could have sworn name calling is harassment. Isn't this covered in PA law?
    No, a public protest is the classic example of the exercise of free speech, which is protected by both the Constitution of the United States (and such protection is incorporated against the several states by the 14th Amendment [or at least that's how the courts interpreted it]) and Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Any law against harassment is null & void as applied to protected free speech.

There is no right to not be offended. In a free society, you need to have a thick skin and ignore the less enlightened (the kinds of people who say things like "Yiff in hell fur fags"). As Justice Brandeis noted, the solution to bad speech is more speech, not enforced silence.
    Last edited by awkx; March 9th, 2008 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by awkx View Post
    There is no right to not be offended. In a free society, you need to have a thick skin and ignore the less enlightened. As Justice Brandeis noted, the solution to bad speech is more speech, not enforced silence.
    I suppose so.

So if they went on the convention property, were asked to leave, then to not leave, they could be charged with trespassing, yeah?

Well protesting to something meaningful is one thing. I just do not understand pointless protesting. 1) are they accomplishing anything? No. 2) are they even getting 15 minutes of glory on tv? no.

They're on youtube for a few videos, big whoop. I think to me they're like well.. people complaining about rich people. Maybe some of them were rejected from the community, which has happened, though there are others who just want to try ruining other peoples time just for the fun of it(aka, the lulz).

(Indiana County)

others who just want to try ruining other peoples time just for the fun of it(aka, the lulz).
    that's Anonymous, 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxyzptlk View Post
    that's Anonymous, 100%.
    Well, I'll see what the police say. I'd love to have them thrown in jail. They're committing acts of cyberbullying and harassment, it will be an interesting result if I'm able to contact some LEO which can hold them for at least 24 hours.

whats a furry?

(Allegheny County)

They're on youtube for a few videos, big whoop. I think to me they're like well.. people complaining about rich people. Maybe some of them were rejected from the community, which has happened, though there are others who just want to try ruining other peoples time just for the fun of it(aka, the lulz).
    You know nothing about Anon.

Well, I'll see what the police say. I'd love to have them thrown in jail. They're committing acts of cyberbullying and harassment, it will be an interesting result if I'm able to contact some LEO which can hold them for at least 24 hours.
    Uh, no. Sorry. I may be in cahoots with you, but you just need to lighten up and stop taking people seriously. Those kinds of protests are just lame. The current goal is against Scientology.

If you try and fight Anon, you WILL lose. You will lose very hard. Take it from me. I'm a /b/tard, an /i/nsurgent, and /k/ommando. I have been for years. From taking part in messing with people, being on the receiving end, and writing MANY an Encyclopedia Dramatica article, I've done my fair share of damage to many people. If you think you can make a difference against this group, I think you seriously need to do your research on the subject.

I'd suggest you just drop it and move on. Stop taking it so seriously, because Anon acts like that annoying kid in your class who finds a little wound that annoys you and starts poking at it and poking at it and poking at it until you snap....and then he gets what he wants:

The satisfaction of pissing someone off.

Also, if you have the "I'm a furry, get over it" attitude, people will think you're coming off as an elitist. I have the "oh, yeah, I'm a furry" attitude, and it works out a LOT more than your method.

Your loving and playful Border Collie-turned-Bernese Mountain Dog,
    Roj

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    whats a furry?
    Google is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Roj View Post
    Also, if you have the "I'm a furry, get over it" attitude, people will think you're coming off as an elitist. I have the "oh, yeah, I'm a furry" attitude, and it works out a LOT more than your method.
    +4 on that.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast