Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: H1N1 anybody?

(Lackawanna County)

Default H1N1 anybody?

Well, somebody at work had to be first. It just had to be me.

As they say on the interwebz, welcome to teh sux!

The little guy has been shuffled off to gramma's 'til after school Monday, so hopefully he doesn't get it, and I'll just be laying here sucking back fluids, naprosyn (which does shit for the fever, but with the cirrhosis, acetaminophen and aspirin are right out), immodium for one of the less pleasant symptoms, and Tamiflu, which actually does help a little bit...

I'd like to get my hands on the little bastard that kissed THAT pig.

You know what really sucks? The vaccine for H1N1 is made only 28 miles from here...and my son and I weren't scheduled to get it until November 9th...
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: H1N1 anybody?

That sucks! feel better!!!

(York County)

How did you know you first had it? were you throwing up or something?

My Name is GlockMan And I Approve This Message!!

I had it two weeks ago. Obviously it was no fun, but as far as sicknesses go, H1N1 has to be one of the milder illnesses I've contracted.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Montgomery County)

I think both me and my girlfriend have it too. I've been achy, nausa, congestion ect. She just threw up an hour ago. Sucks but it's just the damn flu it ain't no big deal.

(Westmoreland County)

The Doc says that my wife and kids had it last week...but it was a pussy cat! Fever of 101, body aches and run down feeling, but none of them threw up or anything. 4 days and it was gone. They say that once you get it you are immune? All they have now is some lingering sniffles and coughing.

(Lackawanna County)

I'll say as far as the flu goes, it certainly isn't the worst I've had, and the Tamiflu actually makes it tolerable. The dizziness and sore muscles are probably the worst symptom. I've got the rash, too.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Lackawanna County)

I think alot of it has to do with how strong your immune system is, and how resistant you are to certain illnesses. My ex girlfriend told me the other day she tested positive for swine flu and was put into the hospital by it. She was there two days, and two days after that was feeling just crappy.

I know a guy at work who is always sick. If he gets it I will let him know it's time to formalize his Will lol. Haven't gotten it. Not too worried about it. Thanks for letting me know it's not a big deal after all. Was a touch worried after speaking to the ex.

Getting the flu always blows. You don't sound too bad off, make sure when you feel better to disinfect your house! One of the things I don't look forward to I promise you :s.
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Perry County)

Going back to work today. I missed two days and was sick with it for my two days off. I have to say I expected worse. My boy brought it into the house. He had fever, some vomiting, fatigue and a nasty cough. All I got was the fatigue and the cough. We both used the Tamiflu. Damn doctor wouldn't let me get any until I had symptoms. The literature says it also works as a prophylactic.

(Montgomery County)

I was told by a doctor buddy that the hideous cold I had over a month ago was classic swine flu, and a more severe case/
    headache, throat ache, blurred vision, nasal infection (I went thru 4 boxes of tissues in 5 days) lung infection (coughing up alien embryos), severe fatigue, dizziness, nausea, entire body aches, fever over 102, etc.

afterwards, i was dizzy and nauseous for over a week, then continued coughing up stuff for 2 weeks...

horrible, but i pretty much did what i should... keep my distance from folks, and stock up on stuff so i wouldn't have to go out.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast