Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Armstrong County)

Default Looking for a gunsmith in the PGH area that can install 1911 sights

I have a set of night sights I need installed on my Springfield 1911-A1. I could do it myself but don't have a staking tool and would like someone with more experience to tackle it.

I'm only in the Pittsburgh area till the 6th of AUG, then I head to Maryland and back to Texas after that. I would like it done before I head out.

If anyone knows of a shop/gunsmith/someone that has done this and has the tools, it would be much appreciated.

I would like somewhere that regularly handles 1911 style pistols, I know plenty of gunsmiths that haven't a clue on 1911's.
    Last edited by milesmilitis; August 1st, 2009 at 09:50 PM.
    "The most dangerous thing in the world is a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass." -Unknown

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Looking for a gunsmith in the PGH area that can install 1911 sights

Quote Originally Posted by milesmilitis View Post
    I have a set of night sights I need installed on my Springfield 1911-A1. I could do it myself but don't have a staking tool and would like someone with more experience to tackle it.

I'm only in the Pittsburgh area till the 6th of AUG, then I head to Maryland and back to Texas after that. I would like it done before I head out.

If anyone knows of a shop/gunsmith/someone that has done this and has the tools, it would be much appreciated.

I would like somewhere that regularly handles 1911 style pistols, I know plenty of gunsmiths that haven't a clue on 1911's.
    Try GANS, he is out in Farmington, PA you may be able to make arrangements to have him do it for you while you wait. The shop is not that far out of the way on your return trip to Maryland.

www.gansguns.com
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by hzox221 View Post
    Try GANS, he is out in Farmington, PA you may be able to make arrangements to have him do it for you while you wait. The shop is not that far out of the way on your return trip to Maryland.

www.gansguns.com
    This looks perfect! Thanks a bunch
    "The most dangerous thing in the world is a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass." -Unknown

(Allegheny County)

wow, that's one i haven't heard from in a long time! he did a set of sights for me quite a few years ago on a para p-14 while i waited. the sights were dead on and he did a really nice job. I don't get down that way much any more.
    MORDENTE MEUM