Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Unhappy What would be required before YOU signed on someone's LTCF application?

I'm wanting to get my LTCF, but I'm kinda screwed. I admit, I'm somewhat of a hermit and not too big on the social scene these days with having kids and all. I haven't worked in about 3 years as to being a stay-at-home father, and looking to go back to school now.

Yet, I somehow have to get 2 references. Now, I have plenty of friends in NC/SC. I have some family up here in PA, as well as a few friends. But noone here in PA is what I'd call gun people. I kinda hinted around with a couple of lasses I knew from my last job, and all that did was elicit the beginnings of how parents should'nt have guns, blah blah, so that was a no-go.

Unfortunately, the only guy I knew from last last job that I KNOW is into guns apparently has a felony, and I'm not sure i'd want his name on there anyway. And again, these are folks that I haven't really associated with in some years.

So what's a poor boy to do?

(Franklin County)

Default Re: What would be required before YOU signed on someone's LTCF application?

Come out to a dinner event and make some new friends!
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: What would be required before YOU signed on someone's LTCF application?

PM me. Your welcome to come introduce yourself.

ETA: Although I don't know if you would want the likes of ME signing your app... sheriff's...well... "know me" lol

(Delaware County)

I've used out of state references in Delaware County before. One was in Jersey and the other in MD. No problem with the renewal.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    PM me. Your welcome to come introduce yourself.

ETA: Although I don't know if you would want the likes of ME signing your app... sheriff's...well... "know me" lol
    That might be a good thing...

Evil Sheriff: Ahh, another LTCF app I can deny for arbitrary.... OH SHIT!!! He knows the Gorilla!!!!!!!! APPROVED APPROVED APPROVED!!!!! DEPUTIES... APPROVE EVERY LTCF APP IN THE OFFICE, QUICK!!!!"

(Monroe County)

It doesn't need to be a gun person to reference you. Both of my references are not gun people, but they have both known me for over 10 years and know that I am responsible and respectful. Heck the one is completely against guns (blames it on her religion) but she also knows how things are getting and that protection is not a bad thing.

(Luzerne County)

Tootie brings up a good point.
    They do not need be "gun people". Just character references.
    Additionally, I'm quite certain that Luzerne Co does not even check your references. The never did mine. They do a PICS check on you and issue on the spot.

(Franklin County)

Tootie brings up a good point.
    They do not need be "gun people". Just character references.
    Additionally, I'm quite certain that Luzerne Co does not even check your references. The never did mine. They do a PICS check on you and issue on the spot.
    The one thing that concerns me about Luzerne Co. is that they have modified the PSP form and require that the references sign the form in person. This is not a requirement of the law (regardless of whether or not they actually contact them).

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    The one thing that concerns me about Luzerne Co. is that they have modified the PSP form and require that the references sign the form in person. This is not a requirement of the law (regardless of whether or not they actually contact them).
    Yeah, yeah... it's on my "list"

(Franklin County)

Yeah, yeah... it's on my "list"
    Excuses, excuses....you act like you're prepping for a major court action or something.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast