Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Smile My First Post...Went to buy Glock 21SF....

Left with a new HK USP 45 w/ 3-12 mags and night sights. Could not pass up this deal of 783.00 new!!! I was set on getting a Glock 21SF .45 and saw this and thought it is the better gun, and has more resale appeal. Anyone agree?

Anyway, I love reading this site. Look to post more in the future. I am off to find .45 ammo. I wish it was as available as my .40 ammo.

(Chester County)

Default Re: My First Post...Went to buy Glock 21SF....

I forgot to mention that it came with a sealed envelope that had a empty casing? I am assuming this is factory test? Is this normal to HK guns? Thanks.

(York County)

That sounds like a great deal! Now go shoot the crap out of it and post some pics!

Edit: Yeah many guns come with the factory tested shells. Also, good pick over a Glock.

(Franklin County)

Congrats on the HK.

Better... well, that is in the eye of the beholder. If you like HK guns, then you got the "better" gun. If you like external safeties on your gun, then you got the "better" gun. If you like paying almost twice as much, then you got the "better" gun.

See, its all perspective. As long as YOU are happy, you got the "best" gun.

I wouldve bought the Glock and spent the extra money on 45 ammo, or a Dillon reloader (you are gonna need it). I dont like external safeties on my guns, but that is just my preference.

But anyways, you got a really decent price i would say. Where you get it at?

Judging you by your screen name, I am guessing you like Victory? That place is great!!!!
    Last edited by PAfarmboy; December 29th, 2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: grammar

(Delaware County)

The best thing to do is not lie to yourself...you will have the 21sf soon enough as well!! As far as a "better gun", they are both awesome weapons. I am a Glock guy, but the USP45 is right at the top of my list!
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAfarmboy View Post
    Congrats on the HK.

Better... well, that is in the eye of the beholder. If you like HK guns, then you got the "better" gun. If you like external safeties on your gun, then you got the "better" gun. If you like paying almost twice as much, then you got the "better" gun.

I wouldve bought the Glock and spent the extra money on 45 ammo, or a Dillon reloader (you are gonna need it). I dont like external safeties on my guns, but that is just my preference.

Judging you by your screen name, I am guessing you like Victory? That place is great!!!!
    HK with the LEM modification doesn't have an external safety, has a bobbed hammer, and offers double strike capability.....yeah, its better!...:P

(Franklin County)

Dont have much knowledge of HK, just know they are pricey. The LEM sounds interesting though.

"better" - dont know about that one. To each his own they say

No dealers around here stock HK. Too pricey for the average joe around these parts i guess

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAfarmboy View Post
    Congrats on the HK.

Hey Pa. Yes, I love Victory Hopdevil for many years. Have it on draft right now. Anyways, I got it at "Targetmasters." I like the size of the HK. I consider it to be my 1911 that I just can't seem to go for. I wanted a 45. My guess is I will get the Glock in the end. I can always get it for a good price. My son will thank me one day for the HK. :-) He is 4.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    The best thing to do is not lie to yourself...you will have the 21sf soon enough as well!! As far as a "better gun", they are both awesome weapons. I am a Glock guy, but the USP45 is right at the top of my list!
    LOL!!! You are correct. For 500+ it can't be beat! The HK price and setup was too hard to pass on. The night sights and 3rd mag is a 150 alone.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by hopdevil View Post
    Hey Pa. Yes, I love Victory Hopdevil for many years. Have it on draft right now. Anyways, I got it at "Targetmasters." I like the size of the HK. I consider it to be my 1911 that I just can't seem to go for. I wanted a 45. My guess is I will get the Glock in the end. I can always get it for a good price. My son will thank me one day for the HK. :-) He is 4.

I happen to be in possession of my first 1911 (Kimber Warrior) and, like I said, the HK45 is next on my list. If you ever want to hit the range you can take the 1911 for a test drive as long as I get my paws on the HK, just let me know! I have a 2 year old son who will be thanking me in 20 years as well, he'll be the only kid on the block with a beautiful 1911!
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast