Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Sympathy cards for fallen officers?

Just a thought here ...

Any chance of getting someone maybe DanP or someone Dan delegates to, send sympathy cards to the PD of any PA fallen officers?

Now ... I don't want any discussion about the whole good/bad cop, please.

If PAFOA is going to be in Politics, that discussion doesn't matter.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

Default Re: Sympathy cards for fallen officers?

http://www.herotohero.com/

Just a thought, but in the event of a LODD shooting, I don't know if it would be appropriate to send a card on behalf of a gun group, regardless of what PAFOA represents in reality, and the reality of the situation, I don't see that going over well with the family every time.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Montgomery County)

I myself think that sending a sympathy card from a Political Firearms group to the family or employer of someone murdered by a criminal with a gun is a couple things:

1. tasteless and political
    2. Insinuates that gun owners and PAFOA are responsible for gun crime.
    3. insinuates that we have something to be sorry for...other than another murdered officer.

to me, this is similar to the anti-gun jackasses instantly capitalizing on a gun crime as a plea for more gun laws.

individual cards from members, not mentioning any political or other organization I would be comfortable with.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    I myself think that sending a sympathy card from a Political Firearms group...

So, we are now considered a Political Firearms group?

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    In this instance, it matters not what PAFOA is, but how it could be perceived.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Luzerne County)

maybe we can build on the original idea. Can send holiday wishes to the police and sheriffs departments of the state?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Montgomery County)

PAFOA is a non profit org... so obviously, its a pro gun organization, thus involved in gun related politics. NOT a political action comittee.
    http://www.pafoa.org/about

"The Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association is a grass-roots non-profit organization created with the goal of preserving the individual right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by Article 1, Section 21 of Pennsylvania Constitution and the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution."

lets keep this on topic, not ANOTHER stupid redo of a "what are we whats our direction" crap topic.

back on THIS specific topic, off topic posts will be deleted with no explanation.
    Last edited by JayBell; December 11th, 2009 at 07:25 PM.

Well, in one way I can see that the sending of cards might be a bad idea in that situation, but then again, we are law-abiding citizens who happen to own guns...not thugs who go around killing/wounding cops or others.

I don't see that it would be a political statement, just an expression of sympathy from members of a concerned organization. Anyone else see it that way?

(Allegheny County)

Regarding the officer killed in my community...

Over the last few days, I have been in direct contact with more law enforcement officers than I ever have in my entire life, and not once did it occur to me to say, "Hi, I'm a gun owner, and I'd like to offer you my deepest sympathies." (Because that would be in poor taste)

That's pretty much the way I view sending something "official" from PAFOA too.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it would be great to do it, and I'd LOVE for them all to know of the support they have from us honest, decent, gun owners, but there is just too much room for mixed messages with something of that nature.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

Well, in one way I can see that the sending of cards might be a bad idea in that situation, but then again, we are law-abiding citizens who happen to own guns...not thugs who go around killing/wounding cops or others.

I don't see that it would be a political statement, just an expression of sympathy from members of a concerned organization. Anyone else see it that way?

anything that comes signed with a PAFOA.org name attached will be considered a statement, less of sympathy than political.

let me put it like this.. if your family member was killed by a mugger, o whatever, with a handgun, would you really want to see a sympathy card in the mail from someone you dont know signed:

"Sorry for your loss, Jane Doe, Brady Campaign to Stop Handgun Violence"?

are you going to see that as an expression or sympathy alone, or a political message from the sender?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast