Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Angry I don't know if anybody else posted this and I'm too pissed off to look. Here it is:

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=4634

Concealed Carry in National Parks Suspended -- NRA Files Motion To Appeal

Friday, March 20, 2009

On Thursday, March 19, a federal district court in Washington, D.C. granted anti-gun plaintiffs a preliminary injunction against implementation of the new rule allowing law-abiding citizens to defend themselves by carrying a concealed firearm in national parks and wildlife refuges.

In Thursday's ruling, Federal District Court Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly issued the preliminary injunction against the Department of the Interior rule that took effect on January 9, 2009. The revised rule allowed individuals to carry concealed firearms for self-defense in national parks and national wildlife refuges located in states that allow the carrying of concealed firearms.

Today, NRA filed a notice of appeal in Federal District Court to oppose the preliminary injunction.

NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox, said, "NRA is moving aggressively to protect this common sense rule and that's why we filed this notice of appeal today. Just as we did not give up the fight to change the old, outdated rule, we will not give up our fight in the courts to defend the rule change. We will pursue every legal avenue to defend the American people's right of self-defense."

Until further notice, individuals cannot legally carry loaded, concealed firearms for personal protection in national parks and wildlife refuges.

Judging from the date it looks like it might be old news. Sort of. But I just happened across it tonight. Does this mean we can't carry in National Parks until they square this BS away? Or has it already been resolved and I've just been storing my head in my 4th point of contact?

(Somerset County)

Default Re: I don't know if anybody else posted this and I'm too pissed off to look. Here it

Old news , a law was passed after wards re instating this right . It won't become effective until Feb. so right now you can't legally carry in National Parks .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(Carbon County)

Default Re: I don't know if anybody else posted this and I'm too pissed off to look. Here it

OK. Good to know. Thanks for the info.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1861 View Post
    Old news , a law was passed after wards re instating this right . It won't become effective until Feb. so right now you can't legally carry in National Parks .
    True, but my money with the Czar crew is on a suspension or repeal of some type before February. It will be tacked on to some "have to have" bill.

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    True, but my money with the Czar crew is on a suspension or repeal of some type before February. It will be tacked on to some "have to have" bill.
    With the obamanation it sure wouldn't surprise me .

Are you gun-owners in PA going to get rid of Arlen Specter in 2010? This A**hole needs to go and go bad.
    The_Vigilante
    "A man can never own enough guns."

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Vigilante View Post
    Are you gun-owners in PA going to get rid of Arlen Specter in 2010? This A**hole needs to go and go bad.
    One can only hope! I will do my part and encourage others to do the same...

(Philadelphia County)

We will do our best.

(Berks County)

Just look at my sig line

(Somerset County)

Yes , are y'all going to get rid of Sheila Jackson Lee ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast