Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default D.C.'s inexcusable treatment of a military man

This sickening account has made me so damned angry!

http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=50519

Default Re: D.C.'s inexcusable treatment of a military man

My issues with the article:

1) its on CTD website, not too popular around these parts
    2) this reservist was a .gov by day himself, living in DC, KNOWINGLY POSSESING unregistered weapons when:
    3) He called a suicide hotline and told them his name, address, and that he HAD UNREGISTERED weapons in his apartment in DC...and is surprised when the black helicopters show up..

Look guys, the way to end RIDICULOUS laws is not to disobey them, that how they get reaffirmed in the courts...

I have had several opportunities to work in DC, making considerably more money and taking what would probably be great leaps in my career, but don't soley based on my desire to enjoy the freedoms I have here. When those freedoms are in jeopardy, I fight the good fight, whether that means calling my reps, gatherings, informing the uneducated about what the 2nd means to me, and why it should matter to them too.

What I DONT do and DONT approve of is someone who does NOTHING to affect change, but stands up and cries foul after they INTENTIONALLY BREAK the law and get caught..

The girl in this book does a good job in exposing the ridiculous process it is to gain possession of a firearm in DC.. but of course I highly doubt the purpose of her BOOK DEAL is pro 2A...

Just my opinion, of course...

Quote Originally Posted by Orlov556 View Post
    My issues with the article:

1) its on CTD website, not too popular around these parts
    2) this reservist was a .gov by day himself, living in DC, KNOWINGLY POSSESING unregistered weapons when:
    3) He called a suicide hotline and told them his name, address, and that he HAD UNREGISTERED weapons in his apartment in DC...and is surprised when the black helicopters show up..

Look guys, the way to end RIDICULOUS laws is not to disobey them, that how they get reaffirmed in the courts...

I have had several opportunities to work in DC, making considerably more money and taking what would probably be great leaps in my career, but don't soley based on my desire to enjoy the freedoms I have here. When those freedoms are in jeopardy, I fight the good fight, whether that means calling my reps, gatherings, informing the uneducated about what the 2nd means to me, and why it should matter to them too.

What I DONT do and DONT approve of is someone who does NOTHING to affect change, but stands up and cries foul after they INTENTIONALLY BREAK the law and get caught..

The girl in this book does a good job in exposing the ridiculous process it is to gain possession of a firearm in DC.. but of course I highly doubt the purpose of her BOOK DEAL is pro 2A...

Just my opinion, of course...

Not sure why being posted on CTD would make the article any less valid.

He was calling a hotline for help getting to sleep, he did not realize it was a suicide hotline.

Yes, he was breaking the law by owning guns, BUT that does not in anyway justify the treatment he received and the total disregard for his Constitutional rights. The police in this case did not have a warrant said they did not have time for this "Constitutional Bullshit" when he refused consent to a search and made up "Facts" to justify doing so.

They put him through hell treating him as a master criminal, even after their own doctors said he was not suicidal, and kept him in jail for 17 days without cause as far as I could tell from the chapter.

They made up a story that his apartment smelled like gas even though neighbors had told them that he had no gas in his apartment, it was all electric. They had also turned off the gas to the building over an hour before the raid.

After all was said and done, the courts eventually sided with him that the police had overstepped their bounds and violated his rights and gave him his guns back.

Basically I don't see a story about a guy with illegal guns who should be persecuted to the fullest extent of the law, I see an example of a government that does not care about the Constitution and persecuting it's own citizens while making their life a living hell in the process.... in this case a citizen who had frequently put their life on the line in the name of the very government that decided to persecute him. Possession of illegal weapons no way justifies everything the police did to him and their treatment of him after they raided his house. imo Reading the whole article gave a good idea of the nightmare his life became.

My sympathy goes with him, not the government in this case. jmo
    Last edited by internet troll; October 27th, 2013 at 10:01 AM.

OMG he had UNREGISTERED firearms. Sire glad they got a criminal like that off the street!
    Bla, Bla, Bla I'm getting sick and tired of this petty BS!

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

break the rules...get punished. why should his "being military" change the facts...