Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Does anyone like the Beretta M9?

I want to add another pistol to "the collection" and I have been considering the Beretta M9. The main reason I want it is because it is the military sidearm and just about every action movie I watch has one in it. The only thing is I shot one before and I didn't care for it. My dad also shot it and he loved it. How do you guys feel about the M9? Should I add it to the collection?

Default Re: Does anyone like the Beretta M9?

I personally did not care for it when I was in the service. I could not get get over how it felt in my hand. I could shoot it quite well, and it is just as reliable as a Glock. Just my opinion.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

The M9 is dated - the design hasn't aged well. The military chose it over the Sig P226/P229 because it was a little cheaper. If you want a good, reliable military/duty-type gun, consider the SIG's.

(Perry County)

I've loved the Beretta 92/M9 since I shot my first one back in the 80s. It fits my hand well and I'm very accurate with it. I've got a 92FS and 96 Centurion now.

With that said, I hated the 96D we carried in the PSP. Being a double action only made the pistol suck with that forever trigger pull.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Philadelphia County)

I've never been in the service, but I've handled a few Berettas. I like the weight of the M9/92FS but I hate the trigger. I'm sure there's got to be something a good smith can do to make the trigger suck less. If so, it's definitely worth owning.

I second getting a SIG. Can't go wrong with a lot of their guns.

(Allegheny County)

Im the opposite of one of the posters above. I can't stand the way a Glock fits in my hand while the Beretta M9 or 92fs fits so beautifully, and shoots so well too. I can get overlapping double-taps if I try a little harder with my 92fs.

(Bucks County)

the only hamstring to the m9/92 is the trigger. heavy as hell in d.a., 1/4 inch of trigger creep in s.a.

solve that s.a. issue, and that gun would be perfection. I otherwise love mine accurate, reliable as hell, decent weight for it's size.

triggersuck is my only issue.

I am a new owner of a 92 compact Inox. I haven't shot it yet, but I love the pistol already. While it's a chopped down version of the M9A1, a lot of it stays the same as the full size.

If the full sized version is a little bulky in the hand, the compact version will probably work great. The reach to the trigger on the compact is actually shorter.

It looks great, feels good in my hand, and I like all metal handguns.

It's a classic design.

(Franklin County)

Cool Re: Does anyone like the Beretta M9?

I've had my 92FS for 15 years now I guess--it would be the last of my collection I would part with...I shoot best with it, fits my hand perfectly. Nothing custom nor special about it other than some Farrar grips. During colder weather it's my CC sidearm and even sometimes in summer depending on the circumstances .

Only gun I've ever owned I've never stopped admiring ( yeah I need to get out more)....
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

(York County)

I love my M9 as a range toy and plinker. It fits my giant meat hook perfectly. And its fun to shoot and see just how accurate it (I,) can be.

But I wouldnt carry it. There are better choices for that. As someone above said, the design isint aging well.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast