Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PA rifle laws

Smile PA rifle laws

My girlfriend is looking for a new job and has a good lead on one in PA. She doesn't want to commute for more than a few months. I am ready to move out of the People Republic of New Jersey, and I am on the verge of buying an AR-15. Now with the potential of not having to be bound by the restrictive laws of NJ, I may hold off until we move. That being said, I have a few questions about rifle regs. in PA.

Muzzle Break or Flash Suppressor?

Threaded barrel or non-threaded?

Collapsible Stock or Fixed?

If collapsible 4 or 6 or are both legal?

Minimum Barrel length?

Max. Magazine Cap?

I am really pulling for her to get the job, she needs out of her company (it is a professional office that is full of adults acting like teenage girls). Plus I would LOVE to get out of NJ, and into a more firearms friendly state.
    Thanks in advance,
    Mike
    (hopefully PA bound)

(Northampton County)

Default Re: PA rifle laws

Muzzle Break or Flash Suppressor? - Whatever

Threaded barrel or non-threaded? - Whatever

Collapsible Stock or Fixed? - Whatever

If collapsible 4 or 6 or are both legal? - Whatever

Minimum Barrel length? - 16" (thats federal, not state) unless you want to go NFA, then I don't think there is a minimum.

Max. Magazine Cap? - Whatever

I came from the PRNJ too :-)

Thanks Skullz. How is it over on the other side of the river? I really want to get out of NJ, and am thinking that even if her job doesn't work out that we may just move over there and commute to the PRONJ.

(Northampton County)

Love it here. Lower cost of living, and as long as you stay out of the cities, better people.

There is some resentment towards those of us that moved across the river, but I'm pretty sure thats reserved for the people that move from NJ and NY and then make the attempt to "Jersey PA" as in Don't Jersey PA

What part of PA are you looking at?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Raskin91 View Post
    Thanks Skullz. How is it over on the other side of the river? I really want to get out of NJ, and am thinking that even if her job doesn't work out that we may just move over there and commute to the PRONJ.
    I drive from PA to W. Caldwell NJ just about every day ... 69 mi. each way. Worth every gruelling minute. It's actually only about 20 min more than my drive from my former NJ home to work was (39 miles) .. NJ traffic is lovely.

Up until a few years ago I never thought I'd say "F@#k NJ" .. but you couldn't pay me to go back. I've lived in a few states and a few different countries......... PA is where I am staying. Love it here - you will too.

Not sure yet, I am waiting to see where this job takes her, I will be happy as long as we don't end up in a densely populated part of the state. I hunt way up north in PA, in Susquehanna county. They told me I am not bad for a "flatlander" and my buddy who is a native of the mountain country up there told me that is one of the highest compliments you can get. I plan to "drink in PA", and blend.

(Chester County)

There is some resentment towards those of us that moved across the river, but I'm pretty sure thats reserved for the people that move from NJ and NY and then make the attempt to "Jersey PA" as in Don't Jersey PA
    EXACTLY! Leave your taxes, gun laws and bad driving in Jersey and you will be fine. Skullz is also correct on our laws, no restrictions except federal on barrel length, anything under 16" you need to pay a $200 tax stamp for the "short barreled rifle". All the other 'evil features' are ok.

(Monroe County)

Hopefully soon we'll be saying " welcome to PA". you'll like it here. Lehigh county here.

Well I have to tell you I have friends and family in PA. I have always enjoyed the state, and I really want out of the PRONJ. I am contemplating moving to PA regardless of how my girlfriends job hunt may go. I will keep you all up to date and I am looking forward to hearing "welcome to PA", and saying "later NJ"

(Fayette County)

Once you get on the other side of the river, come on over to the other side of the mountains for a visit, you'll like it here too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast