Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default FFL Fees For Two Firearms

If I purchase two handguns from a local shop, are there two transfer fees or just one for both firearms?

Thanks,

J

Default Re: FFL Fees For Two Firearms

It's going to depend on your FFL dealer...ask them...don't ask us since we don't know which shop you are going to use.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    It's going to depend on your FFL dealer...ask them...don't ask us since we don't know which shop you are going to use.
    What he said.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Cumberland County)

What they said. But if you actually bought the guns from the shop ( not bought elsewhere and shipped to them ) then the transfer would probably be $5 so even if he charges for both, you're only talking $10. Most gunshops charge $5 if you buy from them, and $20-$30 if you buy from someone else and have gun shipped to them.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Montgomery County)

Sorry guys it was just a question i thought of and I did do a search and didn't see the question asked before.

I know I don't post here much but I do troll and have learned some positive things. The one thing that bothers me are the people that have to put their two cents in when they don't know the answer.

If you think you need to post on every thread, to get your post count up, one could of answered, "it would be best to check with the shop you are going to purchase from and see how they handle it, some shops might handle it differently.

So the next time I start a thread you don' have to post if you don't know the answer, I'm sure someone will chirp in.

(Indiana County)

The shop gets charged a single PICS fee from the state at the time of purchase, no matter if it is one or one hundred firearms being purchased.

(You buy one gun, the shop gets charged $2 or $3, you buy 5 guns, the shop still gets charged $2 or $3)

A decent shop will only charge the single fee, however, some will charge a per firearm fee.

Some will charge $5-10 for the first one and then $2 for each after, they will call this a paperwork fee.
    Personally, I have walked away from a purchase after getting the "paperwork" explanation. They have to do the paperwork to satisfy their ATF requirements, I shouldn't be "taxed" that extra fro them to do their job after they are already making a profit on me.

Some places just include the fee in the price.

There is no set method to the madness, it's up to the individual FFL.

(Westmoreland County)

Ok here's the skinny: As FFLs we get charged by PICS $2.00 of each phone call and $3.00 for each firearm approved on said phone call. You buy one firearm it's $2.00 + $3.00 = $5.00. Buy two firearms on that call and it's $2.00(call) + $3.00 (each firearm) x 2 = $6.00 = $8.00. The FFLs cost goes up $3.00 fo each item listed on that PICS call.

As to what the FFL charges in total for the transfer is another matter altogether. This can vary greatly from shop to shop depending on what the dealer thinks his time is worth and how much, if anything, is he making on the sale or transfer.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jnyz View Post
    Sorry guys it was just a question i thought of and I did do a search and didn't see the question asked before.

I know I don't post here much but I do troll and have learned some positive things. The one thing that bothers me are the people that have to put their two cents in when they don't know the answer.

If you think you need to post on every thread, to get your post count up, one could of answered, "it would be best to check with the shop you are going to purchase from and see how they handle it, some shops might handle it differently.

So the next time I start a thread you don' have to post if you don't know the answer, I'm sure someone will chirp in.
    I think your question was answered in the first reply. You would have to ask the shop you are going to use. Some shops charge $25 or more for even in stock guns. Since no one here knows what shop you use the only answer could be "ask your shop". If I was you I would wear extra heavy clothing to compensate for that thin skin.

(Montgomery County)

The information Flathead and Scots gave was very helpful.

Thank you.

If you need to post, "what he said," to add to your total number of posts, we all know who has issues. So take being criticized and roll with it.

Sounds like you were the kid whose mother always said. "If you don't have anything important to say, don't say it at all."

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jnyz View Post
    The information Flathead and Scots gave was very helpful.

Thank you.

If you need to post, "what he said," to add to your total number of posts, we all know who has issues. So take being criticized and roll with it.
    Sounds like you were the kid whose mother always said. "If you don't have anything important to say, don't say it at all."
    Pot meet kettle. I was not being funny when I replied. It just seemed so obvious that I thought it should be repeated. Sorry if you are blind to the obvious. Take a nice warm shower and try and wash the sand out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast