Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default California Carry - Local Perspective

I think this is a good place to put this. I was in SCA last week. Spent a little time at a small bar in the hotel. Participants were me, a guy from Mexico, a guy from Australia, an extremely liberal bartender, a couple others, and finally a cop from SanFran (aka "The City").

Once the cop ID'd his profession I asked him what he carried off-duty. I stated I carried in about 32 states but not CA. Everybody at the bar went into immediate support, including the cop. People were saying they can't carry guns but the criminals can. The extremely liberal bartender said everybody should be allowed to carry a gun but he wants AKs outlawed. I think that's better than a draw considering the circumstances. I told him I disagreed but did not lecture him. Over the course of the evening that topic came up again and people were supportive. There was no pacification here, these people where very opinionated and had no problems disagreeing with me on other topics.

The cop and I had many public discussions. We discussed the various systems of armament (not weapons), including mindset and tactics (not detailed tactics). The guy was very much in agreement with my opinions. The gentleman was texting his armorer to get detailed info on their weapons and ammo. He said he also leads their SWAT team (which I believe) and realized he should know more about these details.

I was very pleased that so many people with so many belief systems thought people should be allowed to carry. The cop told me, "Well, that might be changing." He told me about people carrying unloaded sidearms in the open with ammo on the other hip and that there was a huge movement to change carry laws. We are generally aware of these things here at PAFOA, and I am not holding my breath, but I was pleased that the cop was aware, supportive, and optimistic.

Default Re: California Carry - Local Perspective

Good story.

Hopefully the Republican Governator can push for a few of these things.

good news, just goes to show there are some people that think halfway alright everywhere .

(Monroe County)

Caliii.. What's more likely to happen first, CA allowing reciprocity and loosening up their gun restrictions, or me getting LEOSA and carrying there anyway? Gua Gua Gua.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

I've been all over Cali many times and I have recieved the same type of encounters pertaining to firearms. I truly think that in the far left wing is a minority out there but people believe the hype on the news and TV and feel strangled and don't fight...If they ever got united, things would definately change.

I deal with some Cali people all the time in my business and trust me a lot of them are sick and freaking tired of the nonsense out there and sick and tired of being 'victims'

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    I deal with some Cali people all the time in my business and trust me a lot of them are sick and freaking tired of the nonsense out there and sick and tired of being 'victims'
    Then they should be the first to vote the anti's out and more pro gun candidates in.

Quote Originally Posted by cgbudde View Post
    Then they should be the first to vote the anti's out and more pro gun candidates in.
    They are and they do but they are still in the minority out there, but that too seems to be changing.

(Venango County)

Maybe we need to befriend them and stir the pot a little. Get them to see and spread the word that not all of America is like that. Look at FL, TX, PA and other states. It can be done. You don't have to be a victim etc.

Think about it, when you think about the United States, your mind automatically thinks that other states are similar to the state you are used to. Even though you know they can be very different. So if converts can be had and see our state for example on extended business or vacation, maybe then they will spread the word and start fighting about it.

Sanctuary really does exist Mr. Sandman.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    Maybe we need to befriend them and stir the pot a little. Get them to see and spread the word that not all of America is like that. Look at FL, TX, PA and other states. It can be done. You don't have to be a victim etc.

Think about it, when you think about the United States, your mind automatically thinks that other states are similar to the state you are used to. Even though you know they can be very different. So if converts can be had and see our state for example on extended business or vacation, maybe then they will spread the word and start fighting about it.

Sanctuary really does exist Mr. Sandman.
    I've been preaching that for years.

Once I got a really positive response, I told them 40 states [might be 39 but not sure] were "Shall Issue."

The cop asked me what were the mag restrictions on the East Coast. He was asking for personal reasons, not out of legal curiosity.

I responded: "You mean in United States?"

It dawned on him [not East Coast, but US outside of CA]. He laughed. He got it. I had to concede mag restrictions in NJ and NY, then I switched to carry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast