Interesting video, RocketFoot. Thanks!

rand

(Bucks County)

Default Re: One for the good guys!

that's some nice shootin'!

(Centre County)

I may get flamed for saying this.

When these video clip starts to pop up on youtube and stuff, I used to think it was like coolest thing you know?
    Until i spent the weekend with my GF's cousin who was on the leave last year

He didn't tell us, but he told his dad that he had to kill a youngman armed with RPG. I guess attacker's head sort of exploded from what he told his dad.
    He had to do it. Otherwise, it would have been him and his friend. He did the right thing.

But 19y/o kid - who i remenber would sit there and play Nintendo all day at famuily reunion eating poptarts and drinking coolaid, Heck I was there when he got his driver's lisence when he turned 16, he HAD to kill a another human being .

Why? did he do the right thing? yeah he did. he is still alive.

When your shooting .50cal from 900meter away, I think its alot different then shooting a man that you see through your reddot optics at 50 meters away.
    and see what you HAD to do to other humanbeing, regardless of right or wrong.

I wish that noone have to experience what he felt anymore, but thats just not possible.

I pray that all of our boys and girls over there to safely come home. And soon.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    I may get flamed for saying this.

When these video clip starts to pop up on youtube and stuff, I used to think it was like coolest thing you know?
    Until i spent the weekend with my GF's cousin who was on the leave last year

He didn't tell us, but he told his dad that he had to kill a youngman armed with RPG. I guess attacker's head sort of exploded from what he told his dad.
    He had to do it. Otherwise, it would have been him and his friend. He did the right thing.

But 19y/o kid - who i remenber would sit there and play Nintendo all day at famuily reunion eating poptarts and drinking coolaid, Heck I was there when he got his driver's lisence when he turned 16, he HAD to kill a another human being .

Why? did he do the right thing? yeah he did. he is still alive.

When your shooting .50cal from 900meter away, I think its alot different then shooting a man that you see through your reddot optics at 50 meters away.
    and see what you HAD to do to other humanbeing, regardless of right or wrong.

I wish that noone have to experience what he felt anymore, but thats just not possible.

I pray that all of our boys and girls over there to safely come home. And soon.
    I agree totally when thinking about those fresh faces right out of a high school, but looking at it more realistically unfortunately - war will never go away.. at least not our lifetimes.

Even at that, there will always be bad guys local or abroad; it's just human nature. Some kid fresh out of the police academy will eventually have to make the same choice in a similar situation somewhere in this country 50 or 100 years from now too.

(Erie County)

30mm rounds can really ruin your day Even though they were all dead probably from the first shot, ya gotta have some fun.

(Allegheny County)

That was nasty stuff.

If I was the gunner I'd always have a small doubt that I might be gunning down friendlies by mistake. It's very hard to tell the good guys from the bad at that distance and under those conditions. I know the target must of been confirmed by ground troops, but there's always a chance of miscommunication.

Hawk,
    Toujours prêt