Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Radnor Township Crime Alert- 11/16/2009

The Radnor Township Police Department has issued the following crime alert.:

On Monday Evening, November 16, 2009, at approximately 9:20 PM an armed robbery occurred at the Wawa Store, 151 Sugartown Road, in the Wayne Section of Radnor Township. A white male entered the store, approached the sales associate at the cash register, displayed a knife demanding the money in the register. The sales associate complied with the actor’s demand handing over the contents of the cash register. The actor fled on foot last seen walking west on Sugartown Road.

The actor is described as a white male 17-24 years of age, 150lbs., 5'6" with a thin build, short brown hair. He was last seen wearing a blue hooded sweat shirt, blue jeans, white/gray shoes. The actor was wearing a white cloth concealing his face at the time of the robbery

Any persons having information as to the identity of the above actor or witnessed this robbery are asked to contact the Radnor Police Department Investigations Unit at 610-688-0503.

This message has been brought to you by the Radnor Township Emergency Alert System.
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

Default Re: Radnor Township Crime Alert- 11/16/2009

Oh my good lord... get ready for the river of outrage from all the "won't someone think of the children" libbies in Radnor...

That Wawa is in a fairly secluded location, so it's not surprising it'd be a target.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ehidle View Post
    Oh my good lord... get ready for the river of outrage from all the "won't someone think of the children" libbies in Radnor...

That Wawa is in a fairly secluded location, so it's not surprising it'd be a target.
    That store is probably 500 yards from my house, but it is a little less traveled over there, your right. One things I have been noticing is that the recent crimes have all happened withing a short jog of the walking trail which, as you know if you have ever been on it, can get you from one end of the town to the other in 5 minutes on a bike. Plus, you could hop off it at any point and disappear into the neighborhoods.
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    That store is probably 500 yards from my house, but it is a little less traveled over there, your right. One things I have been noticing is that the recent crimes have all happened withing a short jog of the walking trail which, as you know if you have ever been on it, can get you from one end of the town to the other in 5 minutes on a bike. Plus, you could hop off it at any point and disappear into the neighborhoods.
    Yes I have ridden on that trail many times in my travels. It's very convenient for crooks on bikes to avoid detection and capture. I guess they should just close it since it's used by criminals. At least that seems to be the political logic anymore. If it can be used in a crime, it must be banned. *sigh*

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    The Radnor Township Police Department has issued the following crime alert.:

On Monday Evening, November 16, 2009, at approximately 9:20 PM an armed robbery occurred at the Wawa Store, 151 Sugartown Road, in the Wayne Section of Radnor Township. A white male entered the store, approached the sales associate at the cash register, displayed a knife demanding the money in the register. The sales associate complied with the actor’s demand handing over the contents of the cash register. The actor fled on foot last seen walking west on Sugartown Road.

The actor is described as a white male 17-24 years of age, 150lbs., 5'6" with a thin build, short brown hair. He was last seen wearing a blue hooded sweat shirt, blue jeans, white/gray shoes. The actor was wearing a white cloth concealing his face at the time of the robbery

Any persons having information as to the identity of the above actor or witnessed this robbery are asked to contact the Radnor Police Department Investigations Unit at 610-688-0503.

This message has been brought to you by the Radnor Township Emergency Alert System.

UPDATE ALERT

Looks like they caught the guy!!!
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member