Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default mossberg bolt action

My girlfriend's mother has a mossberg bolt action shotgun. The problem is, that all I know about it. She wants to shoot it this weekend, but I don't really know anything about shotguns so I can't really help her buy shells. From looking at google images, I think it may be a 190 which i believe is a 16ga. Also it needs cleaned badly. Are there any disassemble instructions on the net?

Default Re: mossberg bolt action

A Mossberg bolt action 20 Ga was the first shotgun I ever bought. I bought it used in 1956 for $15. Now you have an idea of how old the gun may be. They were great guns & very durable. The 12 gauges with the 30" barrel were the "must-haves" for waterfowlers back in the day.

My Dad said that if i took that gun apart & cleaned it any more I was going to wear it out. I'll be damned if I can remember how to do it now though, without seeing one. I'm sure Mossberg would be happy to know they're still around & would be happy to help.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell