Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Help Sarah Brady Campaign

Thats right!

They are running a web poll.

http://www.bradynetwork.org/site/Pag...ioritiesSurvey

Name and email can be left blank (but I'd make up a name & email if I were you).

Help these people see the light.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Berks County)

Default Re: Help Sarah Brady Campaing

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    I did my part to try to help them understand and see the light, but I still think that we're beating a dead horse with that bunch.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Allegheny County)

Basically, just select "Disagree" or "Strongly Disagree" for everything

(Perry County)

I did my part. I didn't see a "Get Bent" option in the answers, so I chose "Strongly Disagree".

Dave G.
    Dave G.

"Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed."

-Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, Special Assistant to DC Police Chief; President, Black Police Caucus, The Washington Post, March 22, 1996

FN Herstal FNP-9M 9mm compact
    Taurus model 85 .38 special

Thats right!

They are running a web poll.

http://www.bradynetwork.org/site/Pag...ioritiesSurvey

Name and email can be left blank (but I'd make up a name & email if I were you).

==========

1. GETTING ASSAULT WEAPONS OFF THE STREETS

Since the expiration of the federal Assault Weapons Ban two years ago, there has been a significant rise in violent crime and homicides.

How strongly do you agree with this statement: Passing an assault weapons ban must be one of the top domestic safety priorities of the 110th Congress.
    Has there really been a significant rise in violent crime and homicides? or has there been an over all rise in population that is not taken in considerations? Bad question, the answers will not reflect the question.

2. EXTENDING BACKGROUND CHECKS TO ALL GUN SALES

Four in ten guns are sold by unlicensed dealers with absolutely no background check, most at thousands of gun shows held across the country.

How strongly do you agree with this statement: A Brady background check must be conducted on every gun sold in this country, no exceptions.
    4 in 10 guns are sold completely legally to completely legal and honest citizens. The Brady campaign would like to know how many of you would like to see the bad guy buy his guns anyways while your rights get shoved in the trash.
    Bad question, the answers will not reflect the question.

3. STOPPING BULK SALES TO GUN TRAFFICKERS

States that prohibit multiple firearms sales have shown to lower the percentage of guns that are traced to violent crime.

How strongly do you agree with this statement: There is no legitimate reason for a responsible gun owner to buy 10, 20, even 100 guns at a time.
    Again, Bad question, the answers will not reflect the question. The aim here is to limit who can buy what. Although I never intend to buy 100 guns at one time, I may one day be fortunate enough to buy an estate of guns at a decent price, this would stop me.

4. STRENGTHENING THE POWER OF LAW ENFORCEMENT

Using crime gun trace data, law enforcement can identify the 1% of gun dealers who supply nearly 60% of crime guns. Even with hundreds of violations, most of these rogue gun dealers remain open for business because of restrictions Congress and the Bush Administration have placed on ATF's ability to inspect them and revoke their licenses.

How strongly do you agree with this statement: Congress must strengthen ATF and law enforcement's power to shut down corrupt gun dealers who supply the criminal gun market.
    Again, Bad question, the answers will not reflect the question. If there are bad markets out there, the Brady bunch should point them out. Right now what is happening is there are people who are creating illegal buys so they can make the statistics on this. So by illegally purchasing a gun with people they know will cause a straw purchase, they create an illegal market to show how it is done and arrest the good people who where caught in their sting. Brady, get out there and catch some real bad guys will you?

I also noted for the Brady bunch, their questions and supposed explanation to them did not line up, since when does 1 relate to 2 and 2 to 3? See the colors on the numbers and match them up!

=========
    So here is my list of questions. Notice my numbers line up! and my questions sometimes reflect what the explanation actually is.

• The Brady bunch has been trying for years to stop violent crimes, since then there have been more violent crimes then ever in history.
    1: How strongly do you agree with this phrase? (Notice this is a question, there is a question mark!)
    I think the Brady bunch was a great shows that was on TV in the 60’s early 70’s..

• The Brady bunch wants to remove your guns, actually they want to make it illegal for you to own anything that can possibly hurt any one, but they decided to start with the imaginary ones like “assault weapons” if this passes they will go to the real things like rifles, pistols, revolvers, knives and forks…
    2: How strongly do you agree with this phrase?
    I think I would like to see Mrs. Brady eat a steak with out a knife. Come to think of it, maybe even with out her teeth.

• The Brady bunch has a great website with all sorts of useful information on how to make the USA more like the British Empire.
    3: How strongly do you agree with this phrase?
    Prince Charles does not really have that big of ears. Its not his fault if the doctor had to pull him out!

• Already because of the Brady bunch, many very legal and honest US residents have ulcers because they see their passionate hobby is in jeopardy..
    4: how strongly do you agree with this phrase?
    The Brady campaign should be outlawed; they are trying to break down the US constitution one brick at the time. Thank God there are people who still believe in the 2nd amendment! God bless the USA and let’s get rid of the Brady’s! They should be made to pay the medical bill's of any one who has suffered a stroke or ulcer while reading their crap!
    • Since it started, the Brady bunch has had a few spin-offs, the million marching baby factories, Gun law suits, State gun law and Stop the NRA.
    5: how many of you agree with this phrase?
    The Brady is good at making useless web pages that attract other useless web pages. They have learnt like many companies have that if you diversify, you will create a larger market. As these are largely funded by the public, they should be made to tell the truth or charged heavy fines.
    Thanks for taking our poll... THe results will accomplish little but give you a chuckle or two.. But you can always send a copy to your friends, even if their name is Brady!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Help Sarah Brady Campaign

Has anybody noticed that there no Poll results??

I would really like to see numbers of polls filled and results.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Berks County)

Default Re: Help Sarah Brady Campaign

Has anybody noticed that there no Poll results??

I would really like to see numbers of polls filled and results.
    Don't hold your breath waiting. Not only will you not see the actual results, the results that do come in will be touted as being part of a scientific poll and it will be overwhelmingly anti. You can't trust the Brady bunch at all.

(Berks County)

Exclamation Re: Help Sarah Brady Campaign - Got a reply

I used my spam e-mail addy to fill out the form and they actually sent me an e-mail. Thought you might be interested in what they had to say. ROFL...

Dear Bill,

Thank you for participating in our 2007 Legislative Priorities Survey, your feedback will help the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence get a strong start to the new year. We are so grateful for your support.

Capitalizing on the seismic shift on Capitol Hill, your Brady Campaign is going on the offensive to advance our legislative agenda to strengthen US gun laws. Americans are looking to us to turn our electoral victories into concrete action to get guns out of the hands of criminals.

We will succeed in this endeavor in the same way we succeeded in the 2006 elections — by bringing to the fore the voices of reliable, thoughtful Brady Campaign members like you.

Thanks to your participation, we will show that Americans like you demand that strengthening US guns laws be at the top of the congressional agenda.

Help us build on our voting majorities in both the House and Senate to pass a new ban on military-style assault weapons, closing the gun show loophole, and other life-saving gun laws by making a generous contribution today.

By working together, we can create a nation free from gun violence, where all Americans are safe at home, at school, at work, and in their communities.

Sincerely,
    Your Friends at StoptheNRA.com

Isn't this just precious....

(York County)

Default Re: Help Sarah Brady Campaign - Got a reply

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    I used my spam e-mail addy to fill out the form and they actually sent me an e-mail. Thought you might be interested in what they had to say. ROFL...

Dear Bill,

Thank you for participating in our 2007 Legislative Priorities Survey, your feedback will help the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence get a strong start to the new year. We are so grateful for your support.

Capitalizing on the seismic shift on Capitol Hill, your Brady Campaign is going on the offensive to advance our legislative agenda to strengthen US gun laws. Americans are looking to us to turn our electoral victories into concrete action to get guns out of the hands of criminals.

We will succeed in this endeavor in the same way we succeeded in the 2006 elections — by bringing to the fore the voices of reliable, thoughtful Brady Campaign members like you.

Thanks to your participation, we will show that Americans like you demand that strengthening US guns laws be at the top of the congressional agenda.

Help us build on our voting majorities in both the House and Senate to pass a new ban on military-style assault weapons, closing the gun show loophole, and other life-saving gun laws by making a generous contribution today.

By working together, we can create a nation free from gun violence, where all Americans are safe at home, at school, at work, and in their communities.

Sincerely,
    Your Friends at StoptheNRA.com

Isn't this just precious....

There are sooo many ways i'd like to respond to that. don't even get me started.

dani Guest

Angry Re: Help Sarah Brady Campaign

I used my one email too and got the same reply message. They made it hard as hell to remove your email from the list. I ended up sending them a contact email and bitched them out a bit. Woops. I get frusterated when Im stuck on email lists and its not just a simple unsubscribe option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast