Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 34 of 146 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Re: ATF Just Released Their Brace Ruling

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    That's what they tell you but they probably already have the dumpster company on speed-dial.
    Would you give up your dad's guns?

I was just watching a Reno May video on this and not sure this was mentioned but NFA SBR's aren't allowed in all states. Anybody in the following states is completely screwed because they won't be able to register them as an SBR:

California
    District of Columbia
    Hawaii
    New Jersey
    New York
    Rhode Island

I wonder if the ATF will compensate people in those states to turn their "pistol" into something compliant that they can legally own. Seems like this could be another lawsuit too.

(Bradford County)

I would say anyone in those states is completely screwed anyway.
    Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    I was just watching a Reno May video on this and not sure this was mentioned but NFA SBR's aren't allowed in all states. Anybody in the following states is completely screwed because they won't be able to register them as an SBR:

California
    District of Columbia
    Hawaii
    New Jersey
    New York
    Rhode Island

I wonder if the ATF will compensate people in those states to turn their "pistol" into something compliant that they can legally own. Seems like this could be another lawsuit too.
    No, they specifically state in the ruling that if you're in a state that prohibits SBRs it's not their responsibility to compensate you at all.
    F*#K THE ATF

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    My problem with registering it would be my kids losing the ability to simply take possession of it when I'm gone. I have sentimental kids that will want to hang onto my stuff when I'm gone. My rights shouldn't cost my children anything.
    Your kids can inherit them tax free. FYI
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post

California
    District of Columbia
    Hawaii
    New Jersey
    New York
    Rhode Island

How many of those states even allow pistol length assault weapons in the first place?

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    Your kids can inherit them tax free. FYI
    Wouldn't they have to go thru the tax stamp process?

(Berks County)

Would you give up your dad's guns?
    His guns? No way but that's because I like guns, not because I'm attached to that bastard in any way. I've seen what happenes when dad kicks. The 40 yard dumpster rolls in and the filling starts.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Wyoming County)

Wouldn't they have to go thru the tax stamp process?
    It's done on a form 5 tax free but there is still a fingerprint process requirement. They can't transfer them to anyone that is prohibited from owning them.

9.5.3 Distribution of estate firearms. A decedent*s registered NFA firearms may be conveyed taxexempt to lawful heirs. These distributions are not treated as voluntary *transfers* under the NFA.
    Rather, they are considered to be involuntary *transfers by operation of law.* Under this concept, ATF
    will honor State court decisions relative to the ownership and right to possess NFA firearms. So, when
    State courts authorize the distribution of estate firearms to decedents* lawful heirs, ATF will approve the
    distribution and registration to the heirs if the transactions are otherwise lawful. A lawful heir is anyone
    named in the decedent*s will or, in the absence of a will, anyone entitled to inherit under the laws of the
    State in which the decedent last resided.
    9.5.3.1 Distributions to heirs. Although these distributions are not treated as *transfers* for
    purposes of the NFA, Form 5 must be filed by an executor or administrator to register a firearm
    to a lawful heir and the form must be approved by ATF prior to distribution to the heir. The
    form should be filed as soon as possible. However, ATF will allow a reasonable time to arrange
    for the transfer. This generally should be done before probate is closed. When a firearm is being
    transferred to an individual heir, his or her fingerprints on FBI Forms FD-258 must accompany
    the transfer application. The application will be denied if the heir*s receipt or possession of the
    firearm would violate Federal, State, or local law. The law enforcement certification on the form
    need not be completed. The form should also be accompanied by documentation showing the
    executor*s or administrator*s authority to distribute the firearm as well as the heir*s entitlement
    to the firearm. Distributions to heirs should not be made until Forms 5 are approved. Executors
    and administrators are not required to have estate firearms registered to them prior to distribution
    to lawful heirs.
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/un...ransfer%20tax.

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    How many of those states even allow pistol length assault weapons in the first place?
    Not sure but with the YT channel I was watching is from California so that is at least one state that's SOL.

Page 34 of 146 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast