Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Problems with wife

My wife wants to move to NJ to be closer to her family and I flat out refuse to step foot in that Nazi anti gun state.I told her any where in PA or DE is fine with me but she said she wants NJ.I swear I would be single again before I would ever move to NJ, I want to move from this shit hole South Philly and this BS is just holding me up.

I really tried hard to convince myself to accept a move to NJ and I know I would just be miserable and depressed the whole time and I don't want to live like that so I told my wife & kids that NJ is out.I guess I'll just have to see how this plays out, wish me luck guys.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Problems with wife

Quote Originally Posted by Mohaa Player View Post
    My wife wants to move to NJ to be closer to her family and I flat out refuse to step foot in that Nazi anti gun state.I told her any where in PA or DE is fine with me but she said she wants NJ.I swear I would be single again before I would ever move to NJ, I want to move from this shit hole South Philly and this BS is just holding me up.

I really tried hard to convince myself to accept a move to NJ and I know I would just be miserable and depressed the whole time and I don't want to live like that so I told my wife & kids that NJ is out.I guess I'll just have to see how this plays out, wish me luck guys.
    Marriage is a series of negotiations. She wants to move to NJ, you have reasons against it and don't want to. Or to her saying "Tough shit I am moving without you". Should certainly not be to the point of divorce over. I would assume you have sat down and had a discussion of why you don't wanna move there OTHER THAN "NJ is a bunch of NAZI's!"? There are plenty of places closer to the border that you could move in other states that meet with both of your needs to be closer to family as well as being somewhere that you are comfortable. Being that YOU are family, she should perhaps rethink making you miserable so that she can be nearer to her other family members. Just my 2c.

(Delaware County)

Maybe have her look at the property taxes in NJ and how screwed up the Governor is with his plans to run the state.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by vetter3006 View Post
    Maybe have her look at the property taxes in NJ and how screwed up the Governor is with his plans to run the state.
    Beat me to it!

(Monroe County)

While I was sitting at the table in my sister's NJ home last night, they where discussing NJ's problems. It's the highest taxed state and all the politicians are corrupt, this coming from loyal Jerseyans.

Tell your wife that as much as you love her family (whether true or not) that it is better to stay a short distance away. Keeps the family fights to a minimum and the visits you do have are that much more special.

There is almost no place in Jersey if you are centrally located to it's border that is not reachable in about an hour or 2, barring traffic. That is an acceptable distance for a days travel to and from, besides maybe it's her family that should consider moving closer to you. What makes your moving less of a pain then if it was them moving.

My inlaws live in Princeton and I am in Bucks county....... I only have to see 'em 3 times a year and they dont' drive HERE!! Distance is GOOD!

(Monroe County)

There`s things much worse then living in NJ although the only thing right now I can think of is living in NYC.
    Seriously, south Jersey ain`t bad. I have friends in Woodstown and it`s really country around there and just a hop and a skip to 2 other states. Heck they even have a rodeo arena.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by vetter3006 View Post
    thats right ! property taxes there is outrageous you pay like 15 grand a year for taxes to a house in stone harbor and avalon i wanted to move there long time ago cuz its nice but eek! taxes are as much as a new car!

mariage is a compramize at ALL times.

divorce shouldnt be an option in my eyes. maybe you can find a place on the border like you want. seems you are willing to move, so that part seems like a big step. try taking her to look at a few places. NJ isnt that big, so with the right place you could be an hour or two away or less
    This Space For Rent

(Adams County)

If the two of you are considering divorcing the other over a will/will not move proposition then the issue you two have go far deeper than what can be resolved on an internet message board.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast