Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fed UP

(Susquehanna County)

Default Fed UP

I'm fed up have not seen a deer, a rub or a scrap all week. I think Gary Alt managed to kill them all off. Didn't se any bear. Only saw trees and grass. First year in the 50 some I've been hunting I didn't see anything

Default Re: Fed UP

not a single person I know got a deer.. My cousin did get a bear though, tasty one at that...

Someone screwed up thats for sure

(Susquehanna County)

Wink Re: Fed UP

When this fiasco started I had a lot of guys raving to me about all the big bucks we'd have, well they are crying in their beer now! Personally don't care for new wlm units(too big), early muzzy season (lots of illegal kills) ,(centerfire rifles during archery season),(Gary Alt), (all the heros that won't shoot less than a 180 class buck),(Gary Alt), food plots (legalized baiting), and last but not least all the self proclaimed experts of QDMA. Did I mention Gary Alt? It seems that everyone has had their say about deer management except the old timers that remember the no doe hunting signs and two day doe seasons. Jeez, I wonder why they had those? By the way I forgot to mention the other experts at pa outdoors. Just relax, aren't you willing to wait five years or so to shoot a really nice buck? jmpov.
    greyhunter Never been lost, fearsome confused sometimes.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    not a single person I know got a deer.. My cousin did get a bear though, tasty one at that...

Someone screwed up thats for sure

I got some. I love deer Mgt unit 2B, IT'S THE BEST! Can't wait till Wednesday to start hunting some more.

Quote Originally Posted by roland View Post
    I got some. I love deer Mgt unit 2B, IT'S THE BEST! Can't wait till Wednesday to start hunting some more.
    well give me deer meat to shut me up then! you do know where they are though how many are you up to now?

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    well give me deer meat to shut me up then! you do know where they are though how many are you up to now?
    I'll probably bring some up to the next group shoot and mix in some scrapple.

They're everywhere. It takes a while to find good spots, and the land area keeps shrinking from urban sprawl. But they are still there, sometimes you have to find a different way to hunt them ie. archery, shotgun. Some areas require different tools. But for the most part, even during small game season, every day I was out hunting I seen at least one deer. I can count the days I didn't see a deer on one hand. You'll have that.

(Allegheny County)

I shot one deer and missed an 8 point. I shot a 10 but not a good enough hit to put it down. A buddy of mine finally put it down.

Other friends of mine shot another 10 pt(9 actually because one tine was under an inch), a 7point and I saw an antlered (I believe legal) buck but couldn't get a shot.

I saw 2 other drags out of the area ( doe/buck unknown).

My second friend that shot the 9 pt saw another small buck (4 or 6 pt)

All this activity was within a 1 mile radius with rubs on 3 and 4 inch trees.

I have a tag for 2B left and still hope to fill it.

27hand

edit . I just kicked up 2 deer as i was walking my 2 silky terriors 10 min ago and have seen 24 deer in 2 groups at about the same time about 1/2 mile from here in Upper St Clair. They grow like rabbits in the residential areas here.
    Last edited by 27hand; December 23rd, 2007 at 05:42 PM.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Susquehanna County)

Cong. to all the hunters from Pitts that got deer however we're on the other side of the state. And have to compeat with NY and their season starts before ours and they can take more deer then us.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by larrymeyer View Post
    Cong. to all the hunters from Pitts that got deer however we're on the other side of the state. And have to compeat with NY and their season starts before ours and they can take more deer then us.
    Thank you Larry.

Are you in one of the special reg areas?
    I'm heading out in Allegheny Co tomorrow and can shoot as many as I have tags for. I can only eat 2 deer a year (shot 3 one year and gave most of one to the dogs) so I stop at 2.

You still have to be in the right place at the right time and be a reasonable shot.

I used to see quite a few hunters in our northern tier from Ohio and quite a few of my friends go to West Va as their season starts a week before ours.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Susquehanna County)

No Susquehanna isn't in special regs. area. As for being in the right place for the past 50 years the deer have come by my stand between 8:30 and 9:00 AM they move again at Noon to 1:00 pm and again between 4:00 and 5:30 PM. They use the same ridge evey day. This was the first year NONE went by me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast