Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default why should you have an easily accessible firearm near you when you are sleeping?

Here is reason 7777. There are people like this in the world. He hasn't harmed any one yet but would you would you want to be unarmed if he changes his m.o?

http://www.delcotimes.com/general-ne...omens-bedrooms

UPPER DARBY — Police are investigating a series incidents since April in which four women have been awakened in their homes in the wee hours to find a man standing over them.

One of the victims, a resident of the 7100 block of Seaford Road, told police she woke early Wednesday to find the intruder “rubbing her groin area,” according to a report released by police Superintendent Michael Chitwood.

There was no physical contact reported in any of the other incidents, the most recent of which occurred early Friday morning and involved a man wearing a surgical mask.

“It’s the same guy,” Chitwood said Friday afternoon, issuing a warning about the elusive predator whose nickname might be “Rel.”

“He doesn’t say anything. … Apparently he stalks them and finds a way to get in. In some of the cases, the doors may have been left unlocked,” Chitwood said. “This guy is sick, and we need to get him before someone gets hurt.”

In the meantime, “Lock your doors. This sicko is out there,” Chitwood said.

Though Incidents have occurred in the Stonehurst and Bywood sections of the township, authorities are warning all residents to be vigilant.

In the first incident, which was reported on April 16 at 3:06 a.m., the victim said she was asleep on the couch and awoke to find a male standing in her living room. The same man had approached her earlier in the day, asking for her phone number and where he could buy marijuana.

She described the suspect as a slim black male in his early 20s, between 5 feet 8 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall, with a moustache/goatee and a gap between his front teeth who goes by the name “Rel.”

On May 1 at 6:02 a.m., police responded to the 7000 block of Atlantic Avenue for a report of a burglary interrupted. A female victim said she had been asleep on her bed and awoke to find a man, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and camo pants, standing over her. When she awoke, he fled out the rear door, police reports stated.

On June 17 at 3:09 a.m., a female who resides in the 7100 block of Seaford Road said she had been asleep on her living room couch and was awakened by “a black male rubbing her groin area,” according to reports. The intruder, who was wearing blue jeans and a green hooded sweatshirt, fled out the front door before the victim could get a good look at his face.

Earlier Friday, police were dispatched to the 200 block of Sheffield Road for a report of an attempted burglary, at about 4:35 a.m.

Officers spoke to a woman who said she had been asleep in her basement apartment and awoke to find a man standing next to her bed. She described him as thin, in his 20s and wearing a surgical mask.

The woman screamed and the man immediately fled out the rear basement door, according to reports. The woman told police she believes she had left the door unlocked before going to bed.

Chitwood said the ages of the female victims range form 16 to 32 years old.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: why should you have an easily accessible firearm near you when you are sleeping?

Yep, the more easily accessible, the better. I have a bedside holster that slips between the mattress & box spring and hangs down the side. When I sit up on the edge of the bed, my right hand winds up exactly above the gun every time, since I've been practicing getting out of bed all my life. Between grogginess & adrenaline, you don't want to be fumbling to find your gun in the middle of the night.

Default Re: why should you have an easily accessible firearm near you when you are sleeping?

For some reason a lot of people who should know better will carry all day long, and when they get home they take it off and lock it in a safe as though it suddenly loses its purpose when they get home. I will never understand this mentality.
    Sic semper tyrannis

(Erie County)

First layer of defense is making it next to impossible for someone to stand next to your bed while you are sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Montgomery County)

If you wake up in the middle of the night finding someone standing over you and rubbing your groin area, I'd say it is a little too late to reach for your gun.

(Mercer County)

Was the intruder rubbing HER groin area, or rubbing her own groin area? I'm confuzzled.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Delaware County)

Exactly why I don't have my gun sitting out in the open on a nightstand like I understand some people do. It is within reach, but not exposed nor under the pillow where my restless sleep could prove unwittingly disastrous.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    First layer of defense is making it next to impossible for someone to stand next to your bed while you are sleeping.
    This ++.

Doors. Locks.
    Also, Dogs are the nicest people I know.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    If you wake up in the middle of the night finding someone standing over you and rubbing your groin area, I'd say it is a little too late to reach for your gun.
    Very true. Regardless of if you think the area you live in is safe or not, doors should be locked at all times. Keeping the bad guys out is just a important as being prepared in the event that they do get in.

BTW, having grown up and lived in Upper Darby most of my life, I would not consider it a safe area.

(Delaware County)

Who the hell is leaving their doors unlocked in upper darby? Wow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast