Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Thumbs down Pilot's gun discharges AD?

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/....1c4cabd1.html

I think that TSA and Marshall service has Sig's and HK's, an AD is impossible unless you are very careless.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Pilot's gun discharges AD?

Negligent Discharge..... and on a freakin plane?! cheese n rice!!

i would be serious pissed if the freakin pilot on a plane i was flying on was allowed to bring a gun on board and was such an idiot he was playing with it mid flight

Puts a new definitioin to "little man with big gun make bing bang and a hole in the sky"
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Cumberland County)

Probably was showing off...or carried a HK locked/cocked in which case he ought to be fired for not making sure his safety was on, other possibility is he carried with the hammer pulled but no safety activated (ie the sig DA/SA doesnt have a safety, and the p2000 HK doesnt have one either).

This will be used by the anti crowd as another reason they shouldnt allow anyone except TSA/marshals to have guns on airplanes.
    MOLON LABE

(Wayne County)

What the **!! was he doing? I thought it was totally against the law for even a pilot to bring a weapon on a plane. But for one to have an accidental discharge is just plain stupidity. I'm also curious how the bullet didn't make the plane lose cabin pressure. Anyway...someone needs to learn how to use the damn safety.

"I Am Become Death" - J. Robert Oppenheimer

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by SFMarine View Post
    What the **!! was he doing? I thought it was totally against the law for even a pilot to bring a weapon on a plane. But for one to have an accidental discharge is just plain stupidity. I'm also curious how the bullet didn't make the plane lose cabin pressure. Anyway...someone needs to learn how to use the damn safety.
    I've never verified this, but I was told by an Air Force pilot that the cabin pressure control valve in an airliner is rather large. Presumably it adjusted a fraction of an inch if there was a flow imbalance. He made it sound like the cabin is pressurized by a continuous flow of air and the actual pressure control is done by venting the cabin air to the atmosphere through this control valve. Again, not confirmed by me.

(Indiana County)

A single bullet hole will not cause an aircraft to lose cabin pressure. Might cause a whistling noise, but that's about all. Duct tape solves the problem.

(Wayne County)

Oh alright. So I vote for the pilots license to be revoked. He also needs to be fined up the ass since he's making a good 100k+ a year.

Quote Originally Posted by SFMarine View Post
    The pilot was carrying as part of the armed Flight Deck Officer program. Legal as the day is long.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Berks County)

Nice... Looks like the Pilot needs a refresher course from the Nov 07 - taken.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast