Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Delaware question

Lately I find myself having to go over to Newark and Wilmington every now and again, and I've never brought a firearm with me even though Wilmington admittedly worries me when i'm down there.

So that being said, is it legal for me to have my Glock with it's 15rd magazines in my car at all, or even open-carry it for that matter while in Delaware? They don't have any magazine limits, or hollow point bullet laws do they? I see they don't issue out of state permits, nor do they honor the PA carry permit I have.

(York County)

Default Re: Delaware question

Quote Originally Posted by ezrarobles View Post
    Lately I find myself having to go over to Newark and Wilmington every now and again, and I've never brought a firearm with me even though Wilmington admittedly worries me when i'm down there.

So that being said, is it legal for me to have my Glock with it's 15rd magazines in my car at all, or even open-carry it for that matter while in Delaware? They don't have any magazine limits, or hollow point bullet laws do they? I see they don't issue out of state permits, nor do they honor the PA carry permit I have.

Get a Utah permit, Delaware honors that. In the meantime do NOT conceal in Delaware, open carry only and make sure your handgun can be clearly seen from outside the vehicle, and you may carry and transport while waiting for your Utah permit.

You are correct in that DE does not issue non-res permits and they do not honor our PA LTCF.

EDIT: DE has no magazine or hollow point restrictions that I am aware of. Check here for further information:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/ <click on DE
    http://deloc.org/
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; August 28th, 2013 at 04:55 PM.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by ezrarobles View Post

Here is a pamphlet you might want to download and print that will answer some of your questions.

http://deloc.org/forums/viewforum.ph...bc8aef5063ace9

(Philadelphia County)

I know there is one city in Delaware where OC in not allowed. I think it's Dover but double check your self. As for OC it has to be visible from outside of your vehicle. Mounting a holster on the dash via Velcro is popular.

I would consider an Arizona permit. Last time I checked there still valid in Delaware and they come in about three weeks. $60 and they accept many forms of training to meet there criteria. Hunter Safety Classes, Former military service, and NRA courses.